water pump hose adapter

Methods of cooling laser tubes

water pump hose adapter

Postby andrewblanejr » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 pm

does anybody use this specific pump? http://www.harborfreight.com/264-gph-su ... 68395.html

if so, did it come with the correct adapter/fitting that allows you to hook up your 1/4" ID tubing to it?

im worried about ordering a pump and then having the hose not fit....

/Andrew
andrewblanejr

Re: water pump hose adapter

Postby Chankster » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 pm

I ordered this pump and while it came with several nozzle sizes none of them fit. I ended up just shoving the hose in the inner of the nozzle and put some silicone around it. Seems to be working fine so far.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Re: water pump hose adapter

Postby BenJackson » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 am

I did the same thing, minus the silicone. Oops, meant to do something about that...
BenJackson

Screw in barbed fitting

Postby bdring » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:06 pm

I found the the I.D. of one of the pump fittings was just the right size to screw in a NPT pipe thread. It is relatively soft plastic, so the brass fitting just tapped itself as it when in.

It did not leak a drip. Even if it did, it is all under water, so a drip here or there would not matter.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Screw in barbed fitting

Postby andrewblanejr » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:10 pm

bdring wrote:I found the the I.D. of one of the pump fittings was just the right size to screw in a NPT pipe thread. It is relatively soft plastic, so the brass fitting just tapped itself as it when in.

It did not leak a drip. Even if it did, it is all under water, so a drip here or there would not matter.

i'm not following...which brass fitting self-tapped itself in? Do you happen to have a supplier link? I googled NPT pipe thread but found tooo much.
andrewblanejr

Barbed fitting

Postby bdring » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:16 pm

I just took all the pump parts to Home Depot and found a part that worked. NPT is National Pipe Thread. I think I used 1/4 NPT which is actually quite a bit larger than 1/4". The brass part had a sharp thread, so it sort of tapped it's way in.

I don't want to open my bucket, but I think it looked like this McMaster p/n 5346K14

5346k25l.gif
5346k25l.gif (12.72 KiB) Viewed 26277 times
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Return to Cooling