Last mirror is hit off center > where to change?

Discussions on optics for laser cutter/engravers

Last mirror is hit off center > where to change?

Postby bloq » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Hey,

i am still working on the optics adjustment of my laser. The first two mirrors worked good but now i have a problem on the last one. The
beam hits the head / the next mirror very far on the left side. This happens through the whole travel so i just need to adjust that offset. Unfortunately the laser head plate is aready at the limit so i would like to ask you, how i can adjust this (hopefully without messing everything up)...
thank you

tm
bloq

Re: Last mirror is hit off center > where to change?

Postby rsm5178 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:29 pm

What I found is that my left gantry mirror could not be moved forward (toward the user) enough. I had to drill out ~3/16" (5mm) of the gantry to align the gantry mirror to the carriage plate. I also had to grind out the laser carriage plate to move the laser head closer to the gantry. Between the 2 adjustments, I was able to align my mirrors.

SIDE NOTE: The changes/ hacks mentioned above have been incorporated into the new sets I had made. Hopefully to alleviate the same troubles I've had with alignment.
rsm5178

Re: Last mirror is hit off center > where to change?

Postby bloq » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:37 am

that worked : ) since everything was already installed i did not get the holes as nice as i wanted but at least with the laser pointer i got a pretty good alignment. Thank you. Do you sell this left part or only kits? Maybe i could buy one for later ...

tm
bloq

Return to Optics and Lasers