ORD Bot 3D Printer

Post your build logs here

Re: ORD Bot 3D Printer

Postby jafenske » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 am

Paid... Also, very excited. I wouldn't mind seeing a order queue.
jafenske

Postby soehler » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:06 am

There we go, reservation paid. One more machine.
... I hope my wife do not divorce me :-)

Sergio
soehler

Postby georgehine » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:09 am

reserved mine! can you post the electronics that I will need and also the software this is all new to me but I love your design so much that I just dove in!
12 left after my reserve.
georgehine

Postby Pazu » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks, and reserved.
Pazu

Queue

Postby bdring » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 am

I figured out a good way to run the queue. I was worried about privacy on store information. I will publish the queue by order number, so remember your order number. I will also put the first initial of your first name just as a helper to let you know it is right. I just need a little time to write a simple query.

By using the store database, it will maintain itself.

It will look something like this. (fake values)

ID Init Date
151 J. 2/14/2012 14:10
152 F. 2/14/2012 14:15

I will add more units before they run out.

Only one Quantum reserved so far.... :(
It is really cute....When is the last time someone picked up your 3D printer and hugged it. It happened about 6 times at PS1. Some didn't even ask permission. It is valentines day :P
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby frob » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:25 am

Ditto!
Hmmm 6 weeks to get all the new electronics & test firmware ready.. along with all my other projects... Its possible, but Dang its going to be a busy 6 weeks!
At least i wont have time to notice the rest of the winter :roll:
frob

Re: Queue

Postby Pazu » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:31 am

bdring wrote:Only one Quantum reserved so far.... :(
It is really cute....When is the last time someone picked up your 3D printer and hugged it. It happened about 6 times at PS1. Some didn't even ask permission. It is valentines day :P

That would be me? LOL.

Talking about value for money, the Hadron is definitely the choice. But space is a premium in a place like Singapore so, Quantum. I'm hoping the shipping will be a little cheaper for the Quantum too (though not a critical factor).

Can't wait to rip the guts off my emaker huxley and use it on the Quantum!
Pazu

Postby orcinus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 am

Hahahah, poor dwittwe Quantum, all alone and in need of hugs... :D :) :| :( :cry:

Seriously, tho, if Quantum were 150x150, it would've been a no-brainer.
At 135, i think people are worried it's going to be a tad too small (although 135 should be plenty for nearly anything).

I've picked Hadron for one simple reason - i've got a PrintrBot coming soon (i hope), so i plan on toying with it until i get to grips with 3D printing, then transplant the extruder, hot-end, PSU and electronics onto the Hadron.
orcinus

Postby mouritsen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 am

And I'm spent... :D

I went for the hadron because this is my first 3D printer and I wanted to be able to print both large and small objects. I think if I had been building repraps for a while and had other ways to print I would have gone for the desktop factor of the quantum, but since the hadron can do everything the quantum can do and more it was an easy decision.

Thanks for putting this together. I know it's more work than it looks like.

Steve
mouritsen

Postby Enraged » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:33 am

for those looking for electronics in Canada, I found this site that carries the RAMPS 1.4 preassembled, as well as the Mega: http://www.mixshop.com/store/

Bart, are you still using that 12V 17A power supply you posted? is that so you can use the heated build platform? if you don't want the build platform, it looks like you can get away with 5A power supply
Enraged

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs