Bob's 2.X sorta, kinda, build log

Post your build logs here

Re: Bob's 2.X sorta, kinda, build log

Postby injunear » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Hmm, I see a limit switch mounted to B17007 bracket for the (X) axis on the gantry which limits the left end travel (looking from front) of the laser head but I see no limit on the right side??
Am I missing something here?

Bob T.
injunear

Postby TLHarrell » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:09 pm

That's more of a home position switch rather than a limit. The other side is taken care of in software. You tell it how big it is.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Postby injunear » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:11 pm

I was thinking about what's on my Router whereby I have both home and limit switches. I know I can 'limit' the travel in S/W but more than once I've had the router 'run away' in an axis for reasons unknown, usually whilst jogging. I suppose if nobody's complained about inadvertent over travel in either axis then I won't worry too much.

Thanks for the reply.

Bob T.
injunear

Postby injunear » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 am

I installed the belts for X-Y axis'. I've noticed that you can skew the gantry out of alignment if you over tighten the Y belts.
I started to route some wiring and realized that it would be better to move the Z Axis lift motor assembly to the right side of the cabinet. In this way the motor wiring will easily reach into the electronics equipment bay whereas before I would've had to add extensions.

As an aside, my Laser Tube's due for delivery tomorrow. I bought it from VIP Lasers for $600 + $52 shipping (FedEx) from Las Vegas. That was a great deal for a RECI 80 watt tube, however, I noticed that VIP relisted the same item on EBAY for $685 + $52 fedex.....Now it's not so good anymore, IMO. At that price you can get it from any number of other internet sales companies. LightObject's RECI 80 watt Tube is $585+135 shipping, $720. Of course there's an advantage to being shipped from Vegas vs. China which is where (I believe) LO orders are fulfilled.

Bob T.

Last edited by injunear on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
injunear

Postby injunear » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Ah, a thing of beauty.... :lol: Hope I have the time to check it out tonight as it's going to below freezing outside here in Spring Hill Florida. The garage could get down into the low 60's to upper 50's....Burrrrr...

Bob T.

injunear

Postby injunear » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 am

Fired it off tonight....

edit: BTW, the squeal in the video, when the laser fires, was not heard by me. It's RFI emissions from the tube picked up by the camera.

Bob T.

injunear

Previous

Return to Build Logs