Material for the base of enclosure?

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

Re: Material for the base of enclosure?

Postby Greolt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:10 am

I appreciate the response to my query.

A removable drip tray sounds like a good idea.

However I had planned to have the exhaust vent in the centre of the base, with a raised flat cover over the opening and mesh to filter bits being sucked into the fan.

This is not done yet and could be changed but is very much my preference as it keeps everything within the machine footprint.

So with that in mind I need a base material that is easy to clean and will not deteriorate too quickly. I have full and easy access to this as there is a full opening front door.

Greolt
Greolt

Postby canadianavenger » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:40 am

educa wrote:But would aluminium or steel at the bottom then reflect that power back upward or would it absorb it ?

It would absorb some, and reflect the rest. A pebbled finish may help in dispersing the power density on the reflection even further. Though it would need to be a very fine texture, as the beam size is still relatively small at the base of the unit.
canadianavenger

Postby TLHarrell » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 pm

canadianavenger wrote: A pebbled finish may help....

How about lining the bottom of the tray with small granite pebbles, color and material that do not get easily cut by CO2 laser?? It wouldn't bounce, and it'd break up the beam.
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

Previous

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.