Open rail + open rail instead of makerslide

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

Open rail + open rail instead of makerslide

Postby alvaro » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi i would like to use open v-slot 20 x 40 + open rail instead of makerslide see is the same height i want to do because using v-slot is half the cost "free shipping worldwide only today" I think the holes to tap are in the same place to fit with metal parts.
alvaro

Re: Open rail + open rail instead of makerslide

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:47 pm

alvaro wrote:Hi i would like to use open v-slot 20 x 40 + open rail instead of makerslide see is the same height i want to do because using v-slot is half the cost "free shipping worldwide only today" I think the holes to tap are in the same place to fit with metal parts.

Hi. I'm not sure you're asking something or just stating a fact, but yes, OpenRail was designed with the explicit goal of being compatible with MakerSlide when attached to 20 mm x 40 mm extrusion, such as Misumi HFS5-2040, or, indeed, the 20 x 40 V-slot.
cvoinescu

Postby alvaro » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:05 pm

I ask, the idea is to use it for the gantry with the metal parts hope it works.
They are already bought.
regards
alvaro

Postby greenvandan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:13 pm

You should be fine for the gantry. If you use it for the other axis, you may have to cut it short to be able to attach idler brackets etc. but it shouldn't effect the travel.
I haven't tried this, just looking at mine with makerslide.
greenvandan

Postby alvaro » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:56 pm

greenvandan wrote:You should be fine for the gantry. If you use it for the other axis, you may have to cut it short to be able to attach idler brackets etc. but it shouldn't effect the travel.
I haven't tried this, just looking at mine with makerslide.

You are right i'll have to cut open rail .First Bring design can observe a similar design v-rail would stick with Cyanoacrylate. :shock:
alvaro

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.