help truing/leveling out laser table

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

help truing/leveling out laser table

Postby shatterjack » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 am

Hi Guys,

I bought a laser kit from a company called emission technologies and put the thing together myself, learning as I went. I've been using it mostly successfully for the last nine months but I have never been able to get it "dialed in." One thing I struggled with was making sure the top surface of the table where the rails attached was level and that the two x-rails were parallel and level with each other to avoid friction and binding (getting wiggles on cuts). The table is made from thick folded stainless steel. This was also related to the laser "falling off" at the far right end of the table where the reflecting mirrors were located, attached to a post and mounted to the surface of the table. I realized that there was a low spot in that corner and that tightening the rails down to the table was tilting the mirror post. So I've been battling this and that right end of the table has always been a toss up whether it will cut or not. I initially leveled the table with the adjustable feet but I feel like the things that have been bolted to the table have torqued it in multiple ways. Right now I've fixed the "falling off" by propping a post under that corner but now there's a stutter in the gantry as I think this has pushed the rails more out of alignment with each other. I had an idea to weld a frame from a deep steel angle and get the surface milled dead flat and then bolt that to the underside of the table. Anyways do you guys have any ideas of what I could do and how you have gotten your tables to be torque-free and nice and level? Thanks so much

tony
Attachments
PC140208.JPG
back right corner of the table
shatterjack

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.