Introduction and Question (Where is the Assembly Manual)

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Introduction and Question (Where is the Assembly Manual)

Postby bloq » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Hey all,

i just joined this forum after years of thinking about the idea of a diy laser ;-). I am a self employed designer with a high interest
in technology, tools and diy. I have already built and operated a cnc router and want to move ahead with another tool like the buildlog 2.x
laser which would fit nicely in my shop here in germany. I already learned a lot about this project and understood that due to the lack of available
parts (and activity) it may be a bit challenging. Nethertheless i already met some nice people who helped me a lot so far.
My first question is:
Where do i find the newest version of the BuildLog.Net Laser 2.x Assembly Manual? The one i found (google docs) is still talking about glueing
rails to the slide. Therefore i assume that it cannot be the latest version because it uses the makerslide. I just want to make sure
that i gather the right documents before i do anything wrong...

thank you!

Andre
bloq

Re: Introduction and Question (Where is the Assembly Manual)

Postby injunear » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:39 am

Umm, that is the 'latest' as I've never found another document with later information. Frankly, I don't really think you need it as the design is pretty straight forward and relatively simple to build. I built mine by simply using the drawings and referring to some photos here in this forum.

Bob T.
injunear

Return to General Discussion