Raffles at LightObject

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Raffles at LightObject

Postby Speedythinker » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Hey folks:

Summer is coming and I wish you all well!

I'm thinking to setup a raffle on monthly base (could be weekly base) if anyone is interested. The prize would be something from laser tube, Laser power supply, to DSP controller card. Of course ticket price varies upon the item for the raffle. For example, the ticket price for a 40W tube could be $5 while a ticket price for the DSP is $10 or more. I think it would be fun and exciting! (Local Shipping cost is included. Foreigner need to pay Int'l S/H)

Let me know if anyone has different idea or any suggestion to make things more fun and fair, your input is greatly appreciated! I need a game plan!

Marco :D
Speedythinker

Re: Raffles at LightObject

Postby cvoinescu » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Isn't that considered gambling, and subject to a whole bunch of laws, licenses and restrictions? (Not against the idea, just wondering.)
cvoinescu

Postby alvaro » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:01 pm

cvoinescu wrote:Isn't that considered gambling, and subject to a whole bunch of laws, licenses and restrictions? (Not against the idea, just wondering.)

A donation and you choose one of the donor list for a gift :mrgreen:
alvaro

Postby Speedythinker » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 pm

That's what I'm thinking to do. I want to make donation to my boy's swimming team (Elk Grove Piranha) and my daughter's volleyball team if there is any $$ left. I don't think the raffles can make a lot but it is for fun only :lol:

Marco
LightObject
Speedythinker

Postby sshwarts » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Marco:
Most states define lotteries as a game with a prize where the winner is chosen by luck and you have to pay to play. They are very tightly regulated and unless you've got a lawyer handy, you don’t want to attempt one.

Scott
sshwarts

Postby Speedythinker » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for all input. I'll drop the idea of raffles than. Instead, I will donate some laser parts for the game. That way, there is no profit taken and it shouldn't cross any red line from the State law.

Marco ;)
Speedythinker

Return to General Discussion