Hardware Kit for Open source Laser

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Hardware Kit for Open source Laser

Postby bdring » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:49 am

I have had a few requests for Hardware kits. The hardware is all standard off the shelf stuff, but but probably not your local home center shelf. The price can also be a bit high when ordering in small quantities.

See the kits page for more details.

The list is dynamically generated from my home made MRP system. The list of items is on this page. It also generates a cut and paste shopping list if you want to order from McMaster Carr yourself.

Each item is placed in it's own labeled bag. I recently purchased Dymo LabelWriter 450 with money received via donations to the web site (Thanks!). It is really handy. The web page generates a CSV file that dumps straight into the label printer software and it spits out all the labels in about 30 seconds.

It still takes about 1/2 hour to count out the hardware and bag it though.
hardware_l.jpg
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Hardware Kit for Open source Laser

Postby njsoffice » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Hello, I have a question :?:

I`d like to know about availability, or what you do about the extension bit from tube to cutting head?
Will it be available as part or optional part of a/the kit?
Can the length be varied in the event someone wants to scale up the bed or XYZ axis?

Thanks
Nik
njsoffice

Re: Hardware Kit for Open source Laser

Postby bdring » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 pm

If you want to change the size, you would have to figure that out on you own. If you just wanted to extend the X,Y or Z a few inches, all my kit parts should work. You would just need to order the right extrusions. At some point after a few inches the basic design is not long appropriate.

What is the "extension bit"? Can you show it on an image or drawing?
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Return to For Sale and Wanted