Metric Screws, Nuts and Bolts

Where you can find stuff.

Metric Screws, Nuts and Bolts

Postby bennettmarks » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:02 am

We all know about McMaster-Carr as a supplier of hardware. The problem with them is that you have to buy in units of 25, 50 and 100, when sometimes all you need is 4 screws. Checkout Mr. Metric (http://www.mrmetric.com). They quote prices on singles, and tend to be competitive with M-C. For small kit orders you can save some real money.
bennettmarks

Re: Metric Screws, Nuts and Bolts

Postby awesomenesser » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:34 am

I usually use fastenal to purchase small quantities, or large quantities. They have a wide assortment of fasteners both metric and standard.
awesomenesser

Postby Liberty4Ever » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Another possible source is AmazonSupply.com. They're now directly competing with McMaster-Carr on industrial supplies, and they seem to have good prices and better inventory than McMaster-Carr on fasteners, having bought out Small Parts Inc.

A friend recently told me that the Rural King stores in the US have an aisle of metric hardware, priced by the pound. Might be a good option if there's a Rural King retail store near you.

I generally prefer ordering over the internet.
Apparently, I didn't build that! :-)
Liberty4Ever

Postby Nick Brawne » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from http://mrMetric.com some prices are a lot better than McMaster, some the same, but they will do quantities of 1. Price breaks at 101 parts for most items. Shipping is free over $50. Located in San Jose CA if it matters.
Nick Brawne

Return to Sources for stuff