Reputable laser source

Where you can find stuff.

Reputable laser source

Postby dirktheeng » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a laser and want to benefit from your experience. I have been looking on ebay and found several, the cheapest are from china/hong kong. I am concerned about buying from them because they are so far away and I've heard bad things about shipping and the tubes arriving broken. I want to know your opinion and if you have dealt with any of the following:

China/Hong Kong ebay sellers:

love-happyshopping
rumei-shopping
time4easiness
cnsigntech
accuni-express
snoctony

US ebay sellers:

prancer1940
alsalaser

Web Sellers:

light source (shipps from hong kong)

The china/honkong sellers are like 50-60% of the cost of any of the others, but I have concerns about the shipping. What is your experience?
dirktheeng

Re: Reputable laser source

Postby lasersafe1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 am

I have purchase one from LoveHappy and two from LightObjects. All arrived unbroken and run at near rated capacity. All shipped from China.
lasersafe1

Postby lasersafe1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:47 pm

For buyers in USA, we now have Full Spectrum Engineering as a resource. I like that he imports the tubes and tests them before shipping out again from Nevada. His store is on the buildlog.net parts kit page. I have not purchased one from them yet, but I will for my next tube.
http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/store/kits_and_parts.php
lasersafe1

Postby lasersafe1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Just found this web site. They are the first that I have found that actually give some useful information about the tubes. They also have an awesome spring loaded tube holder design. I'm beginning to think my first tube was killed by overcurrent.

http://www.recilaser.com/2010/en_product/V2_en.html

I don't know how to order from them or what they charge.
lasersafe1

Postby macona » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:13 pm

I have seen that style of tube on ebay. From the pics of the ends it looks like the mirror mounts are hard sealed to the tube. The ends are probably made from Kovar. This would be a vast improvement over the epoxy sealed generic co2 tubes and ought to minimize helium diffusion through the joints.
macona

Postby r691175002 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:35 pm

I ordered from Love-happyshopping and was extremely impressed.

Chuck has pictures of how they pack in his log here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=445

Mine arrived the same way. You could toss the tube out of a plane and it would survive. Was incredibly cheap and worked first try which is very unusual for me. I'm going to start going off topic here but you would not believe how often I recieve reputable products DOA, get my luggage lost, have things break in improbable ways... I pretty much assume that anything I do is going to require at least half again the time and monetary commitment to complete...
r691175002

Postby maralb » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 am

my experience with cnsigntech being positive, first arrived tube 60W in broken Italy, envoy quickly a new one
maralb

Postby trwalters001 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi All,
I went with alsalaser on ebay for my first tube. His ebay ad said it was a 70W tube and power supply. I received the system and measured the output power with a calibrated power meter. The output was 60W. There was also mechanical damage to the power supply, missing components (HV lead and documentation), and generally a bad experience. Alsalaser would not refund any money or accept a return. I finally had to appeal to ebay and got my money back.

After that debacle, I decided not to mess around any more. I didn't have time for that.

I purchased a 60W tube and power supply from Full Spectrum and haven't looked back. Henry's company is just the shnizzle (that's a good thing to our across-the-pond friends)! Good support, excellent equipment, and it works when you turn it on. I measured his 60W tube and it measured 60.2W. I know that I could have kept the original tube and supply from alsalaser, and had the same power. BUT - I don't like being lied to and having extremely poor customer service. Full Spectrum also has their RetinaEngrave board that I purchased too.

Everything works as it is described in their documentation. Just hook it up and it goes.

In my opinion, anyone that wants to build (or buy) a laser engraver/cutter should get their equipment from Henry at Full Spectrum.

Yes, you might spend a little more, but what is the value of equipment you can depend on and a company that will support you?

Disclaimer: Henry didn't talk to me about this, but I have their equipment. YMMV, AFAIK, PhD, DoT, Esq., etc... :D

HAND & HDBHA (Have A Nice Day & Happy Days Be Here Again)

Tim
trwalters001

Postby hoda0013 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:12 pm

I emailed the people at recilaser.com and got this reply:

Thank you for your Email.

We are Beijiing Reci Laser Co., Ltd. and produce 35,000 laser tubes annually with output power from 80w to 180w. We have just updated A series to V series product, which is more stable and reliable. The lifespan of our V series laser tubes is 10,000 hours and we provide them warranty for 10 months. The V4 and V6 tubes have very good function on cutting and engraving. Except for laser tube, we produce power supply, refecting mirrors and tube frame as well.

You can find our price list for all of our products attached. If you buy our products accumulatively more than 5000USD, you can get the member price(non-member price=member pricex1.4). For more details, please go to our website: www.recilaser.com

The freight cost depends on which way of transport you take. Should we send it to you by sea or by air? For further questions, please feel free to contact me.
--

Yours sincerely
Yun Chen

Beijing Reci Laser Technology Co., Ltd.

Floor 5, Building 8, Yard 1
Jiuxianqiao East Road,
Chaoyang District,
100016 Beijing
China

Tel: +86 10 84569851
Fax: +86 10 64331096
Mobile: +86 152 1011 8918
Attachments
Price list_110116.pdf
(69.89 KiB) Downloaded 1196 times
hoda0013

Postby ctoutmoi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi all,
This post is really timely for me. I build a laser and I expect more than the laser tube. Now I'm really disheartened and think that I would never finish.

The third tube is the seller that shall remain nameless for now, sends me. The packaging is unfortunately not designed ... I found that some sellers were using springs to absorb the impact of transport. I confess that at times I really feel like taking a sledgehammer and smash everything. I do not know exactly where to go.

I'll try to gather my courage to show you that my laser cutting can be anything.
First Tube broken :|

Second tube broken :x

Third tube broken :evil:

The angles have nothing changed the result.
ctoutmoi

Next

Return to Sources for stuff