timing question

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: timing question

Postby educa » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 pm

ok I guess we'll have to try with trial and error.

600ipm isn't that bad for speed.

I did a test today on my laser which I almost ready now and I could reach 2400 inch per minute easily with accelerations upto 1200 inch / s^²

We are looking to build a dedicated controller based on a BEAGLEBONE (linux embedded board) and all cutting is allready ok including PPI, but now its looking for engraving settings...

It might be a problem that I'll use a RECI 80W laser tube, so my timings will probably be tighter then 40W tubes.

The documentation of the laser tube states something like a 4mA current and the laser being in a state of pre-ionisation , but thats something I don't really understand.
It just makes me think that it'll be best to set the laser power to 4mA on the analog meter and then try how fast we can pulse the beast

this is demo of the x axis, but not yet at full speed/acceleration
educa

Postby twehr » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 pm

educa wrote:ok I guess we'll have to try with trial and error.

600ipm isn't that bad for speed.

I did a test today on my laser which I almost ready now and I could reach 2400 inch per minute easily with accelerations upto 1200 inch / s^²

We are looking to build a dedicated controller based on a BEAGLEBONE (linux embedded board) and all cutting is allready ok including PPI, but now its looking for engraving settings...

It might be a problem that I'll use a RECI 80W laser tube, so my timings will probably be tighter then 40W tubes.

The documentation of the laser tube states something like a 4mA current and the laser being in a state of pre-ionisation , but thats something I don't really understand.
It just makes me think that it'll be best to set the laser power to 4mA on the analog meter and then try how fast we can pulse the beast

I believe "pre-ionisation" means that you have current flowing at a rate just below what it takes actually fire the laser. It helps reduce the time to fire. I don't think anybody is using it on the glass tube lasers - but I believe that people with RF lasers need to do that. But then, I could be wrong (happened once last year too :P )
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby educa » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 am

I do have the impression that at 4ma the laser is allready shooting a ray. Maybe they mean something else.
educa

Previous

Return to 2.x Laser Support