DSP: What's diffrents and Which one is better?

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

DSP: What's diffrents and Which one is better?

Postby nephertiti » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello,

First of all I'm new here , I hope i made this post in right section if not sorry :).

I'm trying to build Buildlog 2.x Laser and I'm thinking to buy DSP Controller. My problem is there is lot of brand and cards looks smillar. So whats diffrents between DSP cards. Or which one is best DSP Card?

Lightobject:
http://www.lightobject.com/2012-Commerc ... -P321.aspx
Thunder:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSP-LASER-CONTR ... 3f1dc099ac
nephertiti

Re: DSP: What's diffrents and Which one is better?

Postby bdring » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:07 pm

At one time Thunder tried to recruit me to be the US distributor. It looked like easy money for me at the time, but I never felt comfortable with them. I consulted a couple laser friends and ultimately declined their offer. I am glad I did because the whole thing started to blow up. There is a good thread on it here.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=822&hilit=thunder

The Chinese way seems a lot different than what we might be used to. It is almost accepted that intellectual property gets "swapped" around without question. So, if I were an expert in this area 6 months ago...I know nothing now.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby Guldberg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 pm

I will opt for the LightObject. We converted 2 machines to the DSP2012, almost unbeliveable difference compared to the Leetro DSP in terms of speed and cut/engrave quality. The software is a lot better also, though still pretty chinese in a bad way.

The support from Marco is also very good, fast respones, both on mail and forum.
Guldberg

Postby Speedythinker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Thank you for all your support.

I know that I shouldn't talk too much regarding this issue as I don't wrong to get you guys wrong that I was trying to hard sell my card (I don't need to as it sell for itself) .

Anyway, I want to update that the status of the "Thunder man" what he is doing now. Per my partner in Guangdong, the Thunder man is going to quite the DSP controller card but focus on "Buying and selling" laser machine. He couldn't get support by our programmer and the "hardware engineer" wasn't doing much of fixing bugs on the V1 board. The Thunder-man was finally hired a software guy to re-design the layout of the PHCad but it seems that it didn't workout as expected. Without the hardware supported, merely doing change on the software won't be able to fix the problem! He approached my partner and asked him to sell him the AWC608 but got refused. If my partner sold him the new card, then we don't know what else the Thunder would say about us afterward. He may again play the dirty game by claiming that the AWC608 is his own designed. Therefore, partner didn't want to take a risk and refused him twice. The Thunder man earned his "rewarded".

"Good guys always winning, Superman always beat the bad guy (Thunderman) out" :mrgreen:

Marco
Speedythinker

Return to 2.x Laser Support