Gantry Ends

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Gantry Ends

Postby happyhour » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I have a guy making me a set of the gantry ends on his waterjet. Not sure if it is leagal to sell parts on this site but with any machine work, the more you do the cheaper it gets. Right now I am paying $80 for both left and right gantry end, im willing to pay that jut so get moving on the project. If I can get an order of 10 together I can cut that in half. I'm not looking to make any proffit on these, I just want to help any stalled builds waiting on this part.

If you are interested please let me know, If I can get 10 sets I am thinking they would go for $40 + plus shipping. I was quoted $35 a set from the shop and for every 1 set I sell I want to donate $5 back to this site. I need to know back from everyone by the end of the week, as that is when I am slated to hit the table.

Once again if this is against the forum rules please let me know and feel free to delete this post. If it not, then LETS BUILD SOME LASERS!!!

Joe
happyhour

Re: Gantry Ends

Postby Kellerkind » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 pm

this idea sounds nice, but isnt there a 'official' batch being done and supposed to be ready within 2 weeks ?
if i'm not lucky with the official kit i might be interested (depending on the shipping fee to germany/europe )

ps. imho there is a 'for sale' forum for this kind of stuff
Kellerkind

Postby bdring » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm

The sheet fabricator sent me an email that they are ready. I should have them in hand within the week. I think I might sell about 25 sets just as sheet metal kits right away. I will save the rest for complete "builders kits". I am still fabricating the plastic parts for those. I have no idea when they will be done, but not too far off.

I will announce soon when they are in the store.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby 3dfactory » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:39 am

Hey Bart, I'm planning on grabbing a kit as soon as you have them in stock. I was just curious if you plan on selling the air assist nozzles. Also is there any chance of you selling the skins again? I know your busy but I'm just trying to source everything out. Thanks for your help!

Mike
3dfactory

Postby Praxis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:08 pm

bdring wrote:The sheet fabricator sent me an email that they are ready. I should have them in hand within the week. I think I might sell about 25 sets just as sheet metal kits right away. I will save the rest for complete "builders kits". I am still fabricating the plastic parts for those. I have no idea when they will be done, but not too far off.

I will announce soon when they are in the store.

So, this 'builder's kit' -- what will it contain? If it's got all the custom bits except for the skins, I want one. Do you have an ETA yet?
Praxis

Return to 2.x Laser Support