Exhaust Duct Flange

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Exhaust Duct Flange

Postby bdring » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:54 pm

I keep getting different duct flange hole patterns. I'll try to nail down a consistent source, but until then, you will probably have to drill out the flange to fit the skins. It is pretty easy. You can use the skin as a template to locate the holes. So far I think everyone has had to do that.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Exhaust Duct Flange

Postby j_siegel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:48 pm

I scuffed the skin and the flange with some fine grit sandpaper and used the high impact glue I used on my V-rails. It feels incredibly secure, and even hanging a heavy duct I have full confidence that it will hold up.
j_siegel

Postby cpdude » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Bart,

Why the industrial strength exhaust duct flange? This seems like way overkill. Why not use a something like spun aluminum?

Brian
2.x laser ( Mach3 | SmoothStepper | FSE RetinaEngrave)| DIY CNC Router (EMC2) | Prusa I3 3d printer | Building a Wolfstock deta printer | Rhino v5
cpdude

Postby bdring » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

It is a decent flange for a decent price. If you can beat $4.31 from McMaster, let me know. I don't like the galvanized formed sheet metal types the home centers have.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby cpdude » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:53 pm

@Bart - That is hard to argue against! I agree with you on the galvanized home center stuff. That's definitely not where I was going. ;)

Brian
2.x laser ( Mach3 | SmoothStepper | FSE RetinaEngrave)| DIY CNC Router (EMC2) | Prusa I3 3d printer | Building a Wolfstock deta printer | Rhino v5
cpdude

Postby cpdude » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 pm

I was actually looking at something like this: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/ductflanges.php. However, they don't have one big enough and they are a little more expensive.

Brian
cpdude

Return to 2.x Laser Support