Dead Laser/Power Supply

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Dead Laser/Power Supply

Postby cpdude » Fri May 27, 2011 2:07 am

I was able to test fire the laser twice at a piece of wood a few inches from the end of the laser tube. The first test firing worked perfectly. However, during the second test firing I saw a couple of inches of flame come from the end of the laser tube. Now the laser isn't firing at all. The connections between the post and the metal rings

I'm wondering if something fried on the laser tube or the power supply. Anyway, before I start undoing things I'd love to hear some thoughts from you all. Any help with diagnosing the problem would obviously be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
2.x laser ( Mach3 | SmoothStepper | FSE RetinaEngrave)| DIY CNC Router (EMC2) | Prusa I3 3d printer | Building a Wolfstock deta printer | Rhino v5
cpdude

Re: Dead Laser/Power Supply

Postby cpdude » Fri May 27, 2011 2:20 am

Hold on...It appears to be an issue the the switch on the lid. Investigating...
2.x laser ( Mach3 | SmoothStepper | FSE RetinaEngrave)| DIY CNC Router (EMC2) | Prusa I3 3d printer | Building a Wolfstock deta printer | Rhino v5
cpdude

Postby cpdude » Fri May 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Fixed! I wired the microswitch on the lid backwards. Closed lid should equal closed circuit. My bad!

Brian
cpdude

Postby bdring » Fri May 27, 2011 9:19 pm

I did that too, my first time. I wired all three switches at once and forgot that the cover switch is different than the limits.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby cpdude » Fri May 27, 2011 9:30 pm

That was exactly what I did. :oops:
cpdude

Return to 2.x Laser Support