2.x MakerSlide Upgrade Progress

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: 2.x MakerSlide Upgrade Progress

Postby bdring » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 pm

I think i found an error

That should be 0 on the front. I must have missed the 0 key.

I have made more progress. It has been fun building this second unit. I use it as a reward for shipping MakerSlide rewards. I promise myself I won't work on it until at least a dozen or so boxes go out that day.

This unit is going to be my "show" unit. I get invited to talk at a lot of Hackspaces/Makerspaces and mini maker faire type places. So far, I have just done slide shows and work samples. This will allow me to bring an actual unit. It will be setup to use Mach3, to save cost. I will have my old tube installed, but no tube power supply yet. I can't justify the cost yet.

Frame Done
Botton skin installed
Gantry Done
Z lead screws installed
Y Motor and bracketry installed
Motors wired

Hopefully it will be running by the end of the week.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: 2.x MakerSlide Upgrade Progress

Postby bill griggs » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:12 am

bdring wrote:The extra cost only applies to a $64 level backer. I will throw them in for higher level backers.

The MakerSlide sizes are (2) @ 560mm and 1 @ 700mm, which is almost exactly the 6' length the $64 people are supposed to get. I will add in all the (5 ish) required plastic parts, hardware, spacers and special Misumi corner brackets for existing 2.x owners.

bart,

I just found this post. Can I still get the additional wheels etc. if I send you the money? I though the original reward included the wheels and thing but I wasn't positive so I never bothered to ask about it. Having the Makerslides here is nice but without the wheels and carriages it is frustrating. :D

Bill
bill griggs

Previous

Return to 2.x Laser Support