BOM Changes

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

BOM Changes

Postby bdring » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 pm

The BOM is changing to reflect the latest changes due to the switch to Makerslide as well as all the other tweaks and upgrade.

Things like the smooth idler pulley and the v wheels are going to be little pre-packaged sub assemblies that will be part of larger kits. For example, the smooth idler pulley, 2 bearings and the spacer will be pre-packaged and added to whatever kits they belong to. This will make it easier for other MakerSlide projects.

In the past, items were tags as belonging to certain kits, which caused problems if an item was a child of more than one kit. I manually sorted this out in the past because it affected so few kits. Bubbling up all the hardware to a kit from the whole indented BOM is a recursive programming brain bender when some hardware might actually be pre packaged at a lower level.

Therefore, be aware the the BOM is in flux for about a week and could yield strange results as I am debugging new issues. I am also trying to figure out a cleaner way to present the drawings. The goal is to have it clickable right in the BOM.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: BOM Changes

Postby BenJackson » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

You might want to leave the existing 2.x p/n in there (with the existing tree) for people who are in-progress.
BenJackson

Postby AJ Quick » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Hopefully I won't have to buy too many more structural pieces.. I just ordered my extrusion yesterday!
CNC Building Blocks - Now Funding on Kickstarter!
http://www.aquickcnc.com/ - Hobby CNC Machines As Seen on Kickstarter!
AJ Quick

Postby bdring » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 pm

The BOM should be pretty close now.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Return to 2.x Laser Support