BOM + Drawings

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

BOM + Drawings

Postby bdring » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:15 am

The BOM is pretty well updated right now. I hope the hardware count is right, but It is as good as I can get it until it is checked by builders. I am uploading the revised drawings as I get time. I have added hooks into the BOM to provide links to the drawings. Look for the DWG link at the far right on the BOM

There are a few factors that feed into the low count of drawings on the BOM.
  • Each drawing needs to have a record entered into the ERP system. So drawings that have not changed in a long time may be online, but won't show a link until I enter the record
  • Parts that were consolidated onto one drawing, like the plastic parts need their own drawing now so they match the part number.
-
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: BOM + Drawings

Postby timmoore » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 am

I was going through the BOM/Drawings and found some questions/errors on the drawings page.

D30043 the BOM reflects D30010, which I assume is an earlier version of the Gantry
C30032 the BOM is D30027
There are 2 lines for D30014, one numbered D30014 and another 2 lines later which has a blank part no. Also D30014 the pdf link gives an error
The DXF for B17011 doesn't have a link

B17035 is the DXF still the one in C51001?
B17016 is the DXF still the one in C51002?

I can't find the DXF for B17041

Thanks Tim

PS: I sent you an email over the weekend, did you get it?
timmoore

Postby bdring » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:20 pm

The drawings page is going to change a lot. It was very difficult to maintain and organize. Each time a drawing changed all the links and information needed to change. It was prone to errors.

The new method is database driven. Each time a drawing changes, I upload the new files and add a new record for the revision. All links stay the same and the system finds the latest revision. This allows me to add links all over the place and not worry about maintaining them. It also allows the BOM to have links. It can determine if drawings exist on its own and add the links. I prefer to use the BOM to access drawings now.

Here is the format for the URL if you ever want to reference one in a post etc. (in a code tag so the forum does not truncate it)
Code: Select all
This gets a PDF
http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/get_doc.php?docNumber=C17010

PDF is the default.  If you want another form, add the type parameter (not all drawings have all formats)
http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/get_doc.php?docNumber=C17010&type=dxf
http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/get_doc.php?docNumber=C17010&type=step

Adding the parameter rev=x will get you an older rev (if one is entered in the database)
http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/get_doc.php?docNumber=D30025&rev=7

Some of the older drawings do not have database records yet. I am working on that. The "group of parts" drawings don't fit well with this system. There is no way to link that to the BOM. The other problem is that drawing quickly goes obsolete due to the number of items that can role its revision. I do not cut parts that way so that drawing is already obsolete.

Many people do like the drawings page, so I hope to keep that. It also will be a self generating page and sort by part number.

I am added drawings a few a day until I am caught up. In the mean time I tried to address all the issues mentioned in the post.

I did not see an email from you. The only thing I saw was the new user approval (which I obviously approved)

D30043 fixed
C30032 fixed
D30014 fixed
B17011 fixed
B17035 Added
B17016 Part not used
B17041 Added
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby JakeS » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

I think the Electronic Module Back I received in the most recent batch of 2.x kits does not match the drawing. There are two small rectangles cutout instead the one large one for the power outlet for the air and water pumps. What are the parts intended for these two smaller cutouts? Are these still power outlets?

Thanks
Jake
JakeS

Rear Interface Panel

Postby bdring » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 pm

There was a little last minute discussion on this before I had the panels made on this post.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1328&start=30#p12402

Those cutouts are for power output using a different type of connector. The drawing is available here under a new part number that was used for the USB version.

http://www.buildlog.net/cnc_laser/erp/g ... ber=C14009

I need to update the BOM and drawings page.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Return to 2.x Laser Support