MakerSlide orders: Are we there yet?

General questions and comments.

Re: MakerSlide orders: Are we there yet?

Postby bill griggs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 pm

bdring wrote:I am very close. I will be posting an update to the project this weekend with some details and cool information.

I am working with a consultant to get the MakerSlide store to sell the extrusion with the right cut lengths and weight calculations.

I would just like to be able to get more wheels and carriages so I can begin building instead of looking longingly at my Makerslide..... Oh well, guess I should have pledged a higher amount :oops: .

Bill
bill griggs

Postby bdring » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 am

Send me an order via email. As a backer you can get material before the store opens.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby bill griggs » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:21 am

YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!! :D
bill griggs

Postby Guldberg » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Sooo. Have you got around to ship to international backers yet? Really looking forward to start making stuff
Guldberg

Postby dren.dk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 pm

So... How about it? When will it be possible to order some bearings and wheels?
dren.dk

Postby naPS » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:56 am

I noticed that Makerslide was in stock for about a day - was planning on putting my order in, and it got yanked off. Is it out of stock already?
naPS

Postby Seshan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

This is from the "Contact Us" page
The MakerSlide store is currently a part time business. I have limited capacity to fill orders, so lead times can go up if the backlog gets high. I will often list some items as out of stock until the backlog gets down. My goal is to have lead times for all items list in stock to be less than 7 days. If you want more detailed information on availability or lead time, please send me an email.

It comes and goes, so you have to watch and be ready to place your order.
Seshan

Postby rscott13 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Any ideas on how to get a deferred kickstarter reward processed? I've tried messaging through kickstarter, and emailing directly, but haven't heard back.

I wasn't ready to receive my reward, and thought I'd help out by opting to delay getting my order. I'm still not exactly ready, but would like to have it to inspire me :-)
rscott13

Yes + QOB

Postby bdring » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:44 pm

I don't recall seeing anything from you on this, but I get about 90-150 email a day. Please send the email to bdring AT buildlog.net. I had a lot of people defer their orders and are now requesting pieces. Kickstarter people still get their stuff before any web orders and it is always in stock for them.

I restock the store every Friday with what I think I can deliver over the next week. It still have a full time job and family. I plan to keep both for a while :)

I am going to ORD Camp this weekend. I wanted to bring something Makerslide related to spark conversation. My favorite things about Makerslide are ... its the linear bearing, its the frame, its cheap and easy to prototype with. With a couple hours of design time and some fab time, I think I came up with something pretty cool. If my motors arrive today as promised I should have a blog post on "The Quantum ORD Bot" :?: 8-)
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby Enraged » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I think if you did a mini stewart platform controlled by EMC2, that would spark alot of conversation.
Enraged

PreviousNext

Return to MakerSlide General Discussion