LinuxCNC 2x Test Fire Config Location?

Discuss Laser CNC Software Issues

LinuxCNC 2x Test Fire Config Location?

Postby punitor1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been using it for weeks - much appreciated.

I have built a non 2.x laser cutter (the 2.x was to small for my needs, although very well designed and executed).

I am using the 2.x linuxCNC configuration - after modifying it for my hardware, still working though a few issues but almost done.

In any case I am wondering where the Test Fire settings are located (pulse length and pwm)? I have searched though all of the config files and have been unable to find them, although I probably just missed it?

Thanks,
Travis
punitor1

Re: LinuxCNC 2x Test Fire Config Location?

Postby wmgeorge » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I sure wish I could help you but decided to purchase a pre-built machine, but I was going to use the DSP controller and software vs Mach 3. I just went to that control software and found nothing about test fire? I wonder if this is something you set on the laser tube power supply? I will keep looking and if I find anything will edit this.
Retired guy, Central Iowa US. Master Electrician Hobby Machine and Metal Fab Shop.
wmgeorge

Postby punitor1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 pm

wmgeorge - Thank for looking for it. I should have clarified: I am looking for the config file used to control the Test Fire Laser function for the LinuxCNC 2x_Laser GUI as found here: https://github.com/jv4779/2x_laser

Travis
punitor1

Postby punitor1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 am

Thanks jv4779 -

The answer is that the config for the Test Fire is in the 146.ngc gcode file.

Travis
punitor1

Return to Software