2.x Laser Kits (Edit: In Production..again)

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Re: 2.x Laser Kits (Sold Out...again)

Postby SpacedCowboy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Paid with pleasure :)

I'll update the new kit BOM when I get a chance, if there are any changes needed. At the moment I have a teething baby to look after. Life is hard :(

Simon
SpacedCowboy

Postby MasonAtom » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:40 am

If anyone backs out on a kit (yeah, I know, not likely), I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

mason
MasonAtom

One More Available!

Postby bdring » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I have one more kit available. It is on the store. There is only one. If multiple people try to buy it at the same time, the store has been know to get confused and sell more than one. If that happens the lower Order ID will get it and the other will be refunded. If you don't get it please don't complain that you already asked me if one came available to sell it to you. Dozens of people have asked that.

I am sure if I listed it on eBay I could get more money, but I don't want the price to go artificially high. please don't buy it and sell it on eBay, etc.

It is listed under the Laser section of the store.

Bart
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

(Sold Out...again)

Postby bdring » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Extra one gone...
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Shipped All paid orders

Postby bdring » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:04 pm

All of the 2.x builder kits that are paid in full are shipped. If you paid and did not get a shipped notice please email me. Some payments were tricky to connect to the order. The remaining queue is here.

http://store.makerslide.com/2x_queue.php
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby dwjp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 am

I just had a horrible feeling that I've forgotten something...

The single bearing V-wheels - were they included in the kit in the end? And if not, have the dual bearing ones been tested as a replacement? I only ordered six from Inventables, so I'm worried I'll have to do another order which with shipping to Australia is going to be pricey...
dwjp

Postby greenvandan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 pm

I too was wondering if there was any plan to offer the single bearing v-wheels or if I should come up with a solution using the double bearing style.
greenvandan

Postby evokanivo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 pm

dwjp wrote:I just had a horrible feeling that I've forgotten something...

The single bearing V-wheels - were they included in the kit in the end? And if not, have the dual bearing ones been tested as a replacement? I only ordered six from Inventables, so I'm worried I'll have to do another order which with shipping to Australia is going to be pricey...

They aren't included - mine arrived. I'm going to use double-bearing wheels. If that results in the lens carriage being too high, I'll mount the spacers and eccentric nuts on the opposite side (top) of the plate and then use some shims on the bottom. I don't see a problem.

And here is a quote from someone on page 3 of this thread, explaining why he thinks double-bearing v wheels will be okay:
Re: 2.x Laser Kits (Now Available)
by mattrsch » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:46 am

I think the lens carriage could stand to be a little bit taller. I had to shim mine up about 2-3 mm to get the beam in the center of the hole. I assume the makerslide V rails sit a little bit lower than the old glue on style.
evokanivo

Postby dwjp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Ah well, guess I should just suck it up and order more v-wheels then.
dwjp

Re: 2.x Laser Kits (Edit: Sold Out...again)

Postby rmacarone » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Hello, I will wait quietly until the post comes up saying there are more kits for sale...
Great job BTW !
rmacarone

PreviousNext

Return to 2.x Laser Support