Educa's BigFoot

Post your build logs here

Re: Educa's BigFoot

Postby educa » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 pm

a4988 is only 2 amps. I don't think my motor will do a lot with that unfortunately.

I do understand that my driver might not be the best on the market, but thats difficult to test isn't it :)

Especially when you see that most drivers aren't cheap.

Thats why I hope that maybe just changing to 0.9 or 0.45° motor would also help me a lot.
educa

Postby fantasy2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 am

Hello!

Where did you buy that timing belt for the Z-axis? I cannot find that length anywhere.
fantasy2

Postby educa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:33 am

educa

Postby educa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm thinking of exchanging my 3.1Nm nema23 motors for other ones.

I currentlyhave a problem where I think i see the stepper motor step size in my cuts. Its not superbig and accuracy is good, but.... If I see it I'm not happy

My current motors are 1.8°/step and I will put in 0.9°/step motor instead. That should increasemy precision.

I'll use nanotec motors

http://en.nanotec.com/steppermotor_st5909.html

If that is still not enough the I can double my resolution again by usin T2.5 belt and smaller pulleys instead of T5 belt.

Its a lot of work but has to be done...I want absolutely perfect quality in the cuts.
educa

Postby educa » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm

About 1 year since I did an update on my buildlog.

1 very important change has been made to the machine. I replaced my 1.8°/step motors with 0.45°/step motors from Lin Engineering. The result is a lot better then before.

In the last year I have done a lot of comercial work making personalised gifts and selling on my site www.lasermania.be

In 2014 I will do it a lot calmer. From time to time sell something, but not in mass anymore.This is a hobby and if I wanted I could sell $1000 to $1500 a week leaving me no more time at all to do anything else.
educa

Postby educa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm

A little follow-up now.

The lasercutter is completely ok as a project and everything works as intended.

Time for a new challenge.

So.... this time I will make my own 3D printed based on the same principles I built my lasercutter on.

High quality above cost. So, I'm not going to build the cheapest 3dprinter but I'll try to have as good as possible quality by using inductry grade components like THK rails again + an all-metal construction of high precision materials.

The buildlog will be hosted at www.bigfoot3dprinter.com , which is my website for this build.
educa

Postby educa » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Hmm, I forgot I had a movie showing something very nice.

Engraving with laser. A kind of engraving I did a while ago before I had a co2 laser engraver. It is using a laser diode.

The result was absolutely marvelous, so here is the link to my machine/results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfhDgUTKdb4
educa

Diy laser sintering anyone ?

Postby educa » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Today I tested if I could do anything related to laser sintering.

First demo here: http://youtu.be/VN0lS5CSkmk
educa

Postby educa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm

So today I opened my new website.

www.laserbeaver.com

On that site I will be documenting the complete build process of a 40W laser cutter from zero to hero, including the complete hardware, but also the programmation of custom firmware and host software. It will be an incredible adventure and I inspire some people.

The site contains a complete development blog + a knowledge base for laser cutter users .
educa

Postby Halfdead » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:11 am

educa wrote:So today I opened my new website.

http://www.laserbeaver.com

On that site I will be documenting the complete build process of a 40W laser cutter from zero to hero, including the complete hardware, but also the programmation of custom firmware and host software. It will be an incredible adventure and I inspire some people.

The site contains a complete development blog + a knowledge base for laser cutter users .

I look forward to more updates.
Halfdead

Previous

Return to Build Logs