ORD Z Stabilizer Kit

General discussion of 3D printers

ORD Z Stabilizer Kit

Postby bdring » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 pm

I put some Z stabilizer kits in the store. I put "free" shipping versions for US and International. Be sure only free shipping items are in your cart or you will get a shipping charge.

US Kit

Int'l Kit

z_lift_bar_kit.jpg
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: ORD Z Stabilizer Kit

Postby robotdad » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 pm

I must have an older kit as my Z nut doesn't have any threaded inserts, so I presume just drilling it out would be the advice correct?
robotdad

Postby bdring » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Yep,

Drill it out to 8mm-9mm. Make sure you clean up any burrs, so it is smooth.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby Joe_E » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi Bart,

I am working on building my first 3d printer (hadron ord bot) and would like to buy this kit as well as the QU-BD modification kit. Based on the research that I have done on this forum, it sounds like both kits will be valuable in improving the success of my printer. It appears that both kits are sold out though. Do you know when they might become available again?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Joe_E

Postby SystemsGuy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey Joe - IMHO, both kits are great additions to your printer, but not 100% required. I would think you could get your printer up and running, and then print both parts for yourself.

The only caveat is that some QU-BD heads seem to be worse than others - it's entirely possible you'd get one that could not print it's replacement parts! :-P

Joe_E wrote:Hi Bart,

I am working on building my first 3d printer (hadron ord bot) and would like to buy this kit as well as the QU-BD modification kit. Based on the research that I have done on this forum, it sounds like both kits will be valuable in improving the success of my printer. It appears that both kits are sold out though. Do you know when they might become available again?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
SystemsGuy

Postby Joe_E » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Good point SystemsGuy. I was thinking that it might be nice to avoid having to dismantle and reassemble it more than I need to and more importantly avoid having to recalibrate and fine tune it again. Although that is part of the fun and I'm sure that I will learn a lot in the process. I think i will give it a go first and see how I do.

Thanks
-joe
Joe_E

Postby SystemsGuy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey Bart - do you have step files for the stabilizers? I've got some time on the CNC this weekend, was going to make a couple.
SystemsGuy

STEP File

Postby bdring » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Here it is.
Attachments
b17060.zip
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 1206 times
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion