Cooling system tubing

Methods of cooling laser tubes

Cooling system tubing

Postby buildsomething » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:40 pm

In cooling my system, I was using the light brown surgical tubing found at most DIY stores, but I am finding that it does not have the wall strength needed to go around sharp corners causing wall collapse and water flow restriction or worse total shut off.

I like the whitish opaque tubing used within the CO2 laser sections and I see it being used in some of the commercial machines, but I was wondering if anyone has any of that stuff that they would like to sell. I need about 18" - 24" max at 3/8" id. A foot at each end of the laser is all I need. Those pieces would be used to connect to the laser and then exit the machine. From there on in I can use other stiffer tubing that I have that will go to the pump. I didn't want to use the stiffer tubing that I have for fear of breaking the spigots at the tube end, while trying to force them on.

I haven't been able to source that material here at a reasonable cost....ie....going to the lab distributors...they want an arm and a leg for that stuff. I think the tubing might be called TYGON...but I'm not sure.

In the mean time, I will use the surgical tubing that I have to get me by.

Richard
buildsomething

Return to Cooling