Sanitary Pad Machine for Rural India

Post your build logs here

Re: Sanitary Pad Machine for Rural India

Postby ameetm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 pm

enmity wrote:when you say 10 seconds, do you mean that it takes 10 seconds to manufacture enough material to make one pad? or more than one?

and are you making pads that go on the outside of the body? or tampons that go inside the body?

It takes 10 seconds to manufacture enough material and it goes outside the body. Insertion would be socially unacceptable in rural India.
ameetm

Postby ameetm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Enraged wrote:Would there be any advantage to have a separate machine to do the pulverizing? And then dump the pulverized material into you machine?

Very good idea. Do you know of places where I can source a ready made pulverizer? If not, can you give me suggestions to build one?
ameetm

Postby mikegrundvig » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:06 am

What is the material to be pulverized? Also, why the need for such a high speed? I've learned from machinists that it's often more cost effective and productive to have several cheaper machines always running than a single super fast machine. Down time due to problems is still downtime and with multiple cheap machines, you can get redundancy that a single machine can't supply. Additionally, speed is directly tied to cost. A slow CNC machine is significantly cheaper than a high speed one.

-Mike
mikegrundvig

Previous

Return to Build Logs