Misumi Europe

Extrusions/Tubing/Hinges/Etc.

Misumi Europe

Postby Tomi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey folks. Unfortunately I have bad news from Misumi Europe. :cry:

As you might know, Misumi Europe doesn't feature individual accounts – they just allow corporate accounts. I was in contact with them, asked why and if there would be a solution for us «buildloggers». The answer was not positive: «economically not interesting» and «different laws» up here in Europe compared to the US.

They need a tax-id-number for the order. So, if you need parts from Misumi Europe:

- try to ask someone who owns a company
- perhaps you have relatives, a colleague or somebody else who could help you out
- or maybe you have a terribly nice boss allowing you to order this by his company
- ... (If you have any idea, please post it here. I think that could help others. Thanks)
Tomi

Re: Misumi Europe

Postby J45on » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:29 pm

If you can wait until Barts makerslide project is up and running you should no longer need to use Misumi extrusion Any 20mm based extrusion should work :)
A quote from the makerslide forum viewtopic.php?f=30&t=516
"This will reduce the requirements to stick with Misumi. All 20x20 extrusions should work just as well. International customers will rejoice in this."
J45on

Postby edmond22 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Misumi Europe told me the same story, I felt like telling them where to shove their profiles.
I ordered the Bosch Rexroth ones locally in 3m lengths instead
edmond22

Postby StigOE » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:44 am

I guess I'm lucky in that I have a small 'hobby company', but it remains to be seen if they accept my registration... :)

Stig
StigOE

Return to Enclosures/Framing Etc.