Is MakerSlide Store Open For Business ?

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

Re: Is MakerSlide Store Open For Business ?

Postby daveczrn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:13 pm

To not get bent maybe wire tie it to a 1x2 peace of wood. Uline then has square teloscoping boxes and just keep it all from moving around in the box with that thick brown paper or make it look like a Qtip and just wrap the ends to keep it from bouncing around. The box will only be as long as it needs to be and can then just taped up.
daveczrn

Postby bdring » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:31 pm

The issue with the long extrusions is handling. I use the Uline telescoping boxes and they work great. Just turning around, stacking, moving, going through a doorway and temporary storage of the shipments is a pain.

As far as bending, between the stiffness of the box and extrusion there is not a problem. I rarely ship one piece. The pieces are plastic wrapped and bound together. A bound stack of them is quite stiff.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby sliptonic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

bdring wrote:I am working on a better distribution method. If you sign up for the newsletter you will be notified of each batch. It usually sells out in the 1-4 hour range.

Where do I sign up for the newsletter? The store has a link to unsubscribe but I can't find the link to subscribe.
sliptonic

Postby bdring » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't know why that suddenly happened this week. I think you need to register on the site and you will get an option to get the newsletter. Click on the login link at the top. I will investigate the problem tonight.

You will want to get this week's newsletter. A great announcement is coming. We we are just dotting the i's and adding the semi colons at the end ;
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion