part prints mirror image

General Forum Stuff...Introduce yourself

part prints mirror image

Postby gyrogearloose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 am

Hi,
I have an ordbot Hadron with a Panucatt X3 board and BFB extruder with fan shroud/adapter of my own design. After some time of calibrating and adjusting, it is now going fine. I am using ABS only with a ceramic 3mm thick build platform. I spray this with some quick dry gloss enamel from a can before a print. The platform only needs to be heated up once to about 50deg C. This is not critical though. I get no corner lift even when printing large flat plates. When I take the part off, the enamel under the part comes off with it. Just spraying another whiff of paint onto this spot before the next print is all I need to do. Good bye and good riddance, Kaptone tape.
I do have a problem though. When I print, the part comes out mirrored (referenced to Y axis). I am using Kisslicer and Repetier with Marlin firmware. If I use Pronterface instead, the same thing happens though. The part appears the correct way around in Repetier, but it is automatically mirrored. So far I have tried to change the printer setting in Repetier, by defining the y xais home position as max instead of min, but this made no difference. Any help to sort this out would be appreciated.
BTW, if I use slic3r instead of Kisslicer, the same thing happens.
Thanks,
Attachments
SANY1010.JPG
SANY1035.JPG
SANY1034.JPG
gyrogearloose

Y Motor Backwards?

Postby bdring » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:14 am

My guess is the Y movement is backwards. This is often confusing on a moving bed. Y+ is moves the bed forward. Switch it in configuration.h or just swap two wires on the Y motor.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: part prints mirror image

Postby bdring » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 am

Wow that is quite the extruder. You need to talk about that.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Y Motor Backwards?

Postby gyrogearloose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 am

bdring wrote:My guess is the Y movement is backwards. This is often confusing on a moving bed. Y+ is moves the bed forward. Switch it in configuration.h or just swap two wires on the Y motor.

Thanks, your guess was spot on. I had the Y motor wired backwards, because I thought the home position of the bed was towards the front of the machine. Alas, not. I hd to change the endstop and microswitch as well, but now it is good.
gyrogearloose

Re: part prints mirror image

Postby gyrogearloose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 am

bdring wrote:Wow that is quite the extruder. You need to talk about that.

I started of with a BFB rapman 3.2 kit, which is a piece of crap, to put it mildly. I ended up changing most of the acrylic parts with ABS printed replacement parts to get it to work reliably. The extruder though, is the only decent piece in the kit. The filament gets pushed through with a machined thread on the spindle, which sits on an angle. The hotend is attached with 3 50mm long standoffs. My fan setup blows the air in above the hotend, which then blows air down evenly over the hotend from the top. Kisslicer has setting where the fan is on on loops only. This works ideally with my setup. I found that if air blows over the hot plastic from just one side, the part can shrink unevenly. If you build a high structure, it will end up leaning over, away from the fan.
gyrogearloose

Return to General Discussion