Rowmark Laser Engravable Materials

Postby bdring » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Engravable Products

Postby Chankster » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Kind of limited but any Borders that's going out of business. I picked up 5 12.75" x 9.25" clear plexi sheets (with the protective film still on) for ~$4.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

LaserTile

Postby trwalters001 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:47 am

trwalters001

Postby whmeade10 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:20 pm

I am looking for laser able laminated plastic used for name badges. I have been scouring the internet to no avail, probably because I don't actually know the correct name for the material. I need the plastic to have three layers, where the outsides are red and the inside is white. Do any of you know what the name of this material is or where I might find some of it? Thanks!

-Bill
FSE 45w Deluxe CO2 Laser 5th Gen w/X7 DSP | CorelDRAW X7
whmeade10

Postby twehr » Tue May 17, 2011 5:36 pm

whmeade10 wrote:I am looking for laser able laminated plastic used for name badges. I have been scouring the internet to no avail, probably because I don't actually know the correct name for the material. I need the plastic to have three layers, where the outsides are red and the inside is white. Do any of you know what the name of this material is or where I might find some of it? Thanks!

-Bill

Bill,

Don't think you are going to find any 3-layer laserable material. Most 3-layer is for rotary engraving only. But there certainly is a lot of 2-layer out there. One manufacturer is Rowmark, but it is carried by lots of places, like LaserBits. In general, if LaserBits does NOT carry something, it probably does not exist or it is not considered good for reliably consistent results.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby whmeade10 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

twehr wrote:
whmeade10 wrote:I am looking for laser able laminated plastic used for name badges. I have been scouring the internet to no avail, probably because I don't actually know the correct name for the material. I need the plastic to have three layers, where the outsides are red and the inside is white. Do any of you know what the name of this material is or where I might find some of it? Thanks!

-Bill

Bill,

Don't think you are going to find any 3-layer laserable material. Most 3-layer is for rotary engraving only. But there certainly is a lot of 2-layer out there. One manufacturer is Rowmark, but it is carried by lots of places, like LaserBits. In general, if LaserBits does NOT carry something, it probably does not exist or it is not considered good for reliably consistent results.

Thanks Tim. I will head over to LaserBits and take a look. The customer wanted the same thing lased on both sides of the tag. They will have to settle for one side probably.

-Bill
FSE 45w Deluxe CO2 Laser 5th Gen w/X7 DSP | CorelDRAW X7
whmeade10

Postby twehr » Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 pm

whmeade10 wrote:
Thanks Tim. I will head over to LaserBits and take a look. The customer wanted the same thing lased on both sides of the tag. They will have to settle for one side probably.

-Bill

Or glue two pieces back to back :lol:
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Next

Return to Sources for stuff