Multi-ply plywood at an ubelevable price

Where you can find stuff.

Multi-ply plywood at an ubelevable price

Postby dirktheeng » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:25 am

All,

I found a decent source for plywood that isn't too expensive. It's KenCraft company. They are in Toledo OH. They sell full 1/4", 5'x5' sheets of plywood BB-BB grade plywood (local pickup) for 15.90. This kind of plywood may not be good for stained applications as it can have oval plugs to cover defects, but it is structurally sound and very strong and good for any painted application. You want at least B-BB plywood for staining so it has one good face, but you'll pay more for it.

The cool thing is that they will sell quarter sheets and ship through UPS. The quarter is 15"x60" and they are only $6.25 a piece for a 1/4" thick sheet. That's only $19 for a full sheet. This is about half the price of any other online shop I have found including woodcraft and rockler and any online hobby shop I have seen.

That "craft" plywood that was listed in another post is nothing more than this kind of plywood. 1/8" full sheets are selling for $12.15. That's really cheap. I may order a small sample and see how they are, maybe the suck, but they are really cheap.

Edit: I just set up a cart and tried seeing how the shipping would affect stuff. I found that the cheapest way to get the stuff here is to order 1/6 sheets (20"x30") for $3.35 each. I can order 20 onlie at a time, so the wood is $67, and shipping is $56 to where I live. So that is a total price of $123. This works out to about $36.90 per sheet. That's not so good of a price compared to buying in store, but it is still better than rockler and woodcraft and the craft plywwod supplier by a bunch. I may be able to contact the supplier and see if I can arrange someting better if I order more. Alternatively, this place is on the way back to my parents house and I could stop in to get some half sheets on my way back.
dirktheeng

Return to Sources for stuff