Pictures of my machine so far

No build log?...Post Pictures of your laser here

Pictures of my machine so far

Postby powerfade » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 am

Hey there everyone... So I decided to post a few pictures of the laser table I am currently working on. It has a 4'x6' footprint with the laser mounted on the gantry. I have to thank a gentlemen by the name of Rich in Australia who has been a tremendous help in getting me to the point that I am at. This is my first stint with lasers and he has been so helpful in providing me with so much information.

I would say I am probably about 70% done, and am just about ready to start on the electronics portion. Still trying to decide if I should go with the lightobjects controller. I am always open to suggestions.. :) Hopefully this thing will work when I am done.. ;)

Thanks everyone..

P.S. Please excuse the organized chaos on the table.. :lol:
Attachments
L3.jpg
L2.jpg
L1.jpg
powerfade

Re: Pictures of my machine so far

Postby yuchan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:22 am

Looks great!

Do you get much deflection over the 6' X?
edit: oops, just noticed that the gantry is the shorter axis. I'm not here.

I'm currently designing mine and having a blast.
yuchan

Postby Tweakie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 am

Looking good powerfade.

If you can, why not hold fire a while on the controller at least until Bart has done more testing on the FSE controller and LS1 has carried out more comparative tests with his (I believe Lightobject controller).

Tweakie.
Tweakie

Postby powerfade » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:45 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Tweakie, I think I will hold off until there is further testing on the two controllers. I still have plenty of other stuff to do before hooking up the controller..
powerfade

Return to Gallery Of Machines