Deltaprintr - A new derivative design

General discussion of 3D printers

Deltaprintr - A new derivative design

Postby Shai » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:36 am

Hey ya'll, first post here on this forum.. I found it when Brian (I think?) posted in the delta group forums on google groups.

Anyway, I've noticed that there's a 3d printing section here so I thought I'd share something I've been working on for quiet a while now..hoping to release it in november once its been thoroughly tested.
This delta derivative is small, lightweight, yet rock solid. The main goal was to reduce the cost drastically and have a slick design with minimum parts for ease of assembly. I think I've achieved just that :D

It uses spectra fishing line instead of belts for higher accuracy and doesn't use any printed parts, all lasercut (also helps reduce costs). Its intended to go with a controller case (not pictured) and optional lcd mount.
I just need to finish assembling the arms with the hotend and I'll be testing it hopefully this weekend with a video!

If you want to find out when the video will go up, sign up at http://www.deltaprintr.com and I'll email everyone when its up on youtube to check it out. We're also planning on launching it on kickstarter soon to help reduce the price even more.. The goal price is somewhere between $300 - 500.

Anyway.. I'll let the attached pictures do the rest of the talking ;)

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG
Shai

Re: Deltaprintr - A new derivative design

Postby blah_59 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:35 am

@Shai

It looks nice but I have a couple of quick questions:

1) Whats the build size?

2) You mention above that the target price is between $300 and $500 but on the deltaprintr google group page, just a couple of days before posting here, you said that you were on track for the original estimated $250 - $400 price, have you been able to narrow down the actual target price yet?
blah_59

Postby Shai » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:52 pm

We're still getting suppliers quotes, so we haven't been able to give a solid answer on the price yet. The printable bed size is 10 inches in diameter which we find to be pretty standard in delta printers. The height I will get back to you on that (don't remember). But it's' super easy to expand it - we built it just for that. If expanding in Z, all you need to do is get new length extrusions and a new length of string (really cheap).
Shai

Postby Shai » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 am

Here's the first test print. Video to be released soon!

Printed Sample.jpg
Shai

Postby naPS » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Looks great - what layer height did you print that at?

Nice looking print!
naPS

Postby Shai » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:34 pm

.15mm layer height. Going to do some modifications to the hardware design to make it even better!
Shai

Postby Shai » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:38 am

Hey guys! We just released our first teaser trailer video! Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUaiNASJB2k
Shai

Postby Shai » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 am

Just released full Deltaprintr specs :) http://www.deltaprintr.com/brochure.pdf
Shai

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion