stepper driver boards

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

stepper driver boards

Postby happyhour » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 am

I found the 2.x laser a couple of weeks ago when I was looking to build another CNC machine. I mostly want to cut balsa and plastic and want to build the machine from scratch, so this baby won my heart. I'm a very visual person and I have to buld this machine in my head before I buy the first part. I have been looking at the BOM and the build instructions and this build seems prety straight forward (good job to the designer). The only question I have left is the control system. The BOM show the steppers but i am having a hard time locating any information on building the laser conrtoler and the stepper controler. I saw some schematics for a driver board but that was about it. If you can pint me in the right direction please help. I dont need you to provide the info, just a link to where to start reading about it.

Thanks and I look forward to starting this build

Joe
happyhour

Re: stepper driver boards

Postby bdring » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

There are several schematics at the top of this page.

http://www.buildlog.net/sm_laser/drawings.html

I still have a few of these control boards.

http://store.makerslide.com/index.php?m ... ucts_id=81
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: stepper driver boards

Postby happyhour » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I saw on board that was rectangular and one that was square. I thought the square one was the laser board and the rectangular one was for the steppers. Soundslike the square one is the new version of the all in one board. I read the manual and I think Im ready to start.

Thanks for the help
happyhour

Return to 2.x Laser Support