Makerslide at Inventables.

General questions and comments.

Re: Makerslide at Inventables.

Postby Enraged » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:30 pm

evokanivo wrote:Got mine :) It would be nice to get an update when v-wheels are stocked at inventables too.

I emailed them about that. Once the orders hit 500, they will add all of the wheels and such to the store. At that point, you can order the wheels, bearing, etc and they will combine the order into the same shipping box as the Makerslide.

They also have a great selection of cast acrylic for people with laser cutters or routers.
Enraged

Postby RSWeaverAz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:59 pm

I just ordered 3 pieces, plan to modify or make another Hadron with a bigger footprint.
I'm thinking of adding a second slide on the bottom (is that x or y axis?).
To support the work surface/BED from 2 sides i.e. more stable for routing / end mill applications.

At Inventables there are 233 Metal & Wood items, including Aluminum Rounds, Tubes, and Square stock
they also have some ABS filament, and many other items ...

If you're thinking about getting some makerSlide, do it asap
I Launch Rockets, aka High Tech Welfare for Engineers
Your tax dollars have to go somewhere ... right!
RSWeaverAz

Postby Analias » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:57 am

3 x 2m ordered. I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.
Analias

Postby Enraged » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:50 am

wow, nearly 200 orders in a single day, probably in large part to the link on the makezine blog. I submitted it to hackaday as well, don't know if they will post it or not though.
Enraged

Postby RSWeaverAz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Any way of getting it on the Thingaverse.com home page?
I Launch Rockets, aka High Tech Welfare for Engineers
Your tax dollars have to go somewhere ... right!
RSWeaverAz

Postby luiscp » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I would just like to ask if the price of $24.65 for the 1200mm length already include the shipping cost.

From Barts website -(length x .011/mm) + $1.25(cut) + shipping.

Misumi's CAF5-2040-1000 cost $10 (.01/mm) + shipping.

Luis
luiscp

Postby Enraged » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 pm

It doesn't include shipping, but Inventables has one set price for shipping per order, no matter what the order size is. Flat rate to the US is $8, Canada is $12, and international is $34.

So you could order ten 2000mm lengths of Makerslide, and it would only cost you $8 to ship. Inventables also has a lot of other cool materials, including filament for 3D printing and acrylic, etc
Enraged

Postby acolourfullife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:22 am

Hmm, maybe it's just me but I don't understand Inventables statement on their Makerslide page:

"Due to great response, we are exploring doing another production run."

Exploring another run? Shouldn't it be guaranteed they're doing another run? I thought they were the ones to fulfill orders from now on? Meh, it's probably me just being anal about language.
acolourfullife

Postby orcinus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 pm

It's not guaranteed, that's not how Inventables work.
They make "factory runs" that get funded by pre-orders, in a similar fashion to the way Kickstarter project funding works - if enough pre-orders are collected, they get charged and the factory run is a go.

The next factory run is not guaranteed - it's gauged based on interest from the previous factory run. If there was a huge "overspill" above the minimum number of pre-orders in the previous run, there's a good chance there's gonna be a lot of interested people in the next run. If it's only a few people over the minimum number of pre-orders, chances are only those few people will pre-order in the next wave, so there's no sense in organizing another factory run.

Edit: the key thing here is, unlike Kickstarter, some money and time gets invested into a run *before* the run is a go, to make things happen faster. Which is why organizing a run that's doomed to fail (i.e. probably won't gather enough pre-orders) is not financially viable, which is why subsequent runs aren't a guarantee.
orcinus

Postby lovebugjunkie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks for explaining how it works.
I went back to order more makerslide and found ordering was closed. Was going to buy more for another project but now I will go with something I know I can get in a week or two and will be available in the foreseeable future.
lovebugjunkie

PreviousNext

Return to MakerSlide General Discussion