MakerSlide EastEurope

General questions and comments.

MakerSlide EastEurope

Postby bdring » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 pm

He we go again....

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/makerslide-easteurope

So far this guy and MakerSlide Europe pay me a small commission. Nothing from Australia (yet).
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: MakerSlide EastEurope

Postby Seshan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm

If there is already a Makerslide Europe, why a Eastren Europe, I can't imagine shipping would be a big difference. This will just saturate the market even more.
Maybe I will do Makerslide Canada... Nah, Canada post sucks, it's probably cheaper to pay for shipping from the states :P
Seshan

Postby cvoinescu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Shipping is a big difference. Check out our shipping prices. That includes the cost of packaging, but that's small compared to the cost of shipping, so the table is still informative. What that table doesn't tell is that shipping to Western and Central Europe is by UPS, which is nicely trackable, will collect the same day if booked before 12pm, handles their packages reasonably carefully, and delivers them on time (or early: all "2-3 business day" packages I posted to Germany on a Friday got there on Monday). Not only can service to Eastern Europe and the Baltic countries cost more than that to USA and Canada, the cheapest carrier is ParcelForce (formerly the parcel division of Royal Mail), and they are delivered at destination by the local postal service. Tracking is sporadic, and delivery takes weeks. Couriers (UPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT) cost more, sometimes much more.
cvoinescu

Postby rokerij » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank you Cvoinescu that you have pointed very well the problem with the shipping costs.The idea of Bart when he created MakerSlide was that the rail should be available for everyone at an affordable price, so i don't think that another die made for this part of the world, Eastern Europe, will saturate any market.
rokerij

Return to MakerSlide General Discussion