lasercut and lightobject DSP probleme

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Re: lasercut and lightobject DSP probleme

Postby a542002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi tim thanks again
I did all of this allreADY AND AGAIN AND AGAIN I EVEN FORMATTHE MEMORY on the DSP but it download the file to the machine but keeps the settings from something else and the position too not from the file what I downloaded.
I guess I send the stuff back and buy from somebody else you do have a recomendation??
what is just very strange it worked perfect fro about 60 hours and then all of a sudden it changed and never came back.
thanks again
greetings
walt

twehr wrote:
a542002 wrote:Hi tim
first thanks
I guess thats the probleme with all the new stuff it is pretty much imposible without spending lots of time
I did all this settings allready and did format the memory a few times reloaded lasercut 5.83 and 5.85 but not hing changes this
do you know how to remove all previous version manually from the computer ? the uninstall does not remove it.
thanks again
walt

Probably in a single folder at the root of your C:/ drive. It will be called LaserCut or PHCad or something like that. There are drivers installed but that is only for the USB connections which is obviously working for you. There is also the Corel or other interface installed, but again, they should not be the issue. Just removing the single folder at the root of C should remove the application an it's resources.
a542002

Postby twehr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:18 pm

a542002 wrote:Hi tim thanks again
I did all of this allreADY AND AGAIN AND AGAIN I EVEN FORMATTHE MEMORY on the DSP but it download the file to the machine but keeps the settings from something else and the position too not from the file what I downloaded.
I guess I send the stuff back and buy from somebody else you do have a recomendation??
what is just very strange it worked perfect fro about 60 hours and then all of a sudden it changed and never came back.
thanks again
greetings
walt

Walt,

If I understand you issue, it is really a matter of inconvenience for you, not being able to put it in a specific location on screen and having it engrave/cut at the same position on your table. I personally never work that way. I simply place my materials, set the origin to the position (relative to the material) and run the project. But that is just my way. I know that some like it to do otherwise.

I am still trying to get an answer to your question about how to set it in the new software. I'll report back as soon as I have it.

I have no recommendations for a high quality controller other than the DSP. In my opinion, it is still the best available solution out there. Some people have had success with the Retina product although their support may not be adequate for you - they state they don't support DIYers. You may find it meets your needs, but I know it likely would not meet mine. That is why I can't say one way or the other about it.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby a542002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:58 pm

hi tim
its actually not so the part to have it where it is on the screen then to be aible to move it away from the edges because it stops of the laser overswing if it is to close to the edges. another part is that the DSp does not take the speed and power setting from the job file what is downloaded.
thanks for your help.
I maybe look in to the thunderlaser latest, what du you think about this??
greetings
walt

twehr wrote:
a542002 wrote:Hi tim thanks again
thanks again
greetings
walt

Walt,

If I understand you issue, it is really a matter of inconvenience for you, not being able to put it in a specific location on screen and having it engrave/cut at the same position on your table. I personally never work that way. I simply place my materials, set the origin to the position (relative to the material) and run the project. But that is just my way. I know that some like it to do otherwise.

I am still trying to get an answer to your question about how to set it in the new software. I'll report back as soon as I have it.

I have no recommendations for a high quality controller other than the DSP. In my opinion, it is still the best available solution out there. Some people have had success with the Retina product although their support may not be adequate for you - they state they don't support DIYers. You may find it meets your needs, but I know it likely would not meet mine. That is why I can't say one way or the other about it.
a542002

Postby twehr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:19 pm

a542002 wrote:hi tim
its actually not so the part to have it where it is on the screen then to be aible to move it away from the edges because it stops of the laser overswing if it is to close to the edges. another part is that the DSp does not take the speed and power setting from the job file what is downloaded.
thanks for your help.
I maybe look in to the thunderlaser latest, what du you think about this??
greetings
walt

You can look at thunder, but it is a full generation behind the LO DSP - totally different manufacturers now.

I understand you issue now. One way to trick it is this:
  • Create a large rectangle the size of your laser bed. Make it an odd color (that you don't usually use).
  • Set it to Cut
  • Uncheck the box for output.
  • Place your output where you want it.
  • Place your material in the same relative position on your table.
  • Run the project.

This causes the software to consider the large box as part of the output (for positioning) but doesn't actually cut it.

Again, this is a workaround until we can find the real answer to the issue.

Speed and power are also able (in older software) to be set either from control panel or the software - configurable. So likely when I find where to set one item in new software, we will also know where to set the other.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Cut Mode setup in DSP

Postby twehr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:10 pm

The settings have been moved to the LCD Control Panel, so they are no longer available via the software.

For Cut Mode:

Choose Menu Item #4.

G-OriginMode1.JPG

Then choose Soft Origin to go from the software or Key Origin to go from the keypad. I suspect you want Soft Origin.

H-OriginMode2.JPG

For the Speed/Power settings:

Choose Menu Item #5.

I-ControlMode1.JPG

Then choose Soft Layer Params to use what you set in the software for the individual layers, or choose LCD Panel Params to use the default settings currently set in the LCD Panel. I suspect you want Soft Layer Params.

J-ControlMode2.JPG

That should take care of the two issues you stated.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby a542002 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi tim
thats exactly what I did even after formating the memory it did not change a thing.
here are a few sample picture that you got a better understanding why it is so importand for me
to set them exactly on the screen before downloading or after sample engraving and changes need to be made.
I got orders laying here for 100 sets( 1 big one and 6 smal coaster) and this fiddling around and still not get it right
cost me to mcuh time.
thanks
greetings
walt
Attachments
samplecoasterscan0002.jpg
samplecoasterscan0001.jpg
a542002

Previous

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller