New DSP with color display.

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Re: New DSP with color display.

Postby lasersafe1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I can't imagine anyone wanting to go "backwards" to a g-code interface. Since the software inputs DXF directly, why add the extra step of G-code? This doesn't seem right. Jobs are already capable of being saved and restored.

Switching to another manufacturer? I think people have generally been pleased with the enhanced boards coming from the original manufacturer. By the way Marco, if you want a Beta tester....... I'm still here.
lasersafe1

Postby bdring » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I see a lot of Chinese CNC routers advertised with DSP controllers. I wonder if that could be the reason. This could have multiple uses.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby Techgraphix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 pm

lasersafe1 wrote:By the way Marco, if you want a Beta tester....... I'm still here.

me too! :P

Kees
Techgraphix

Postby Speedythinker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:47 pm

lasersafe1 wrote:I can't imagine anyone wanting to go "backwards" to a g-code interface. Since the software inputs DXF directly, why add the extra step of G-code? This doesn't seem right. Jobs are already capable of being saved and restored.

Switching to another manufacturer? I think people have generally been pleased with the enhanced boards coming from the original manufacturer. By the way Marco, if you want a Beta tester....... I'm still here.

I think you got it wrong. It's not "backwards" but with an extra feature to help folks with strong background on CNC which is mainly relying on G-Code. I have been asked many times by folks whether the AWC608 support G-code or not. Sad that my answer to them was "no". G-code and graphics guru are two different world, just like the old timer that Windows vs. Mac. Users of both parties "hated" each other and accused other side not good of this and that. Well, preference and characteristic made us 'unique', that's why our self is being "the one" in this world. With this new card, it should please both parties, as least to some extended.

The new board support both graphic and g-code. To what I understand so far, it support the same way as AWC608 + natural G-code. The designer is a Pro CNC guy and designed a DSP controller for CNC machine. I may carry the DSP for CNC it in the near future (but I don't know CNC and know a little of g-code). The new card is well designed on the hardware with it's own software. But to help folks with LaserCad or LaserCut or whatever the software available in the market, we're asking the designer to work out a software similiar to the LaserCad. I'll give him a list of features that currently available on AWC608 and he may add it to the new card.

I haven't had my hands on to the new card yet so I can't tell much better or less than the AWC608 at this time. Stay tuned as I should have one in about a month for testing till then I will get more info for you folks. Yes, I'll pick a few folks with strong back ground of CNC and Laser to do some evaluation for me. But a refundable deposit is required until board is returned back to me and hoped that I'm not asking too much. Testing period is 2~3 weeks. Sounds good?

Marco
Last edited by Speedythinker on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Speedythinker

Postby macona » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

G-Code support would be great. That would simplify my parts design, I can use my existing cam to do code for the laser cutter as well like I am with mach right now.
macona

Postby SystemsGuy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 am

Any updates here? I'm firmly of the opinion g-code support is a "good thing".
SystemsGuy

Previous

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller