Announcing the ORDuino !

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Re: Announcing the ORDuino !

Postby orcinus » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow, think you might be right on that one.

Could be a voltage regulator with an integrated watchdog.
I think i've seen some packed as an SO20.

Awesome detective skills, canadianavenger :)
orcinus

Postby canadianavenger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 pm

it could be a regulator, but my guess is it's more likely a system monitor IC, so WDT + voltage monitors, and possibly fan controllers, something along the lines of the LM81 system monitor IC's.
canadianavenger

Postby mouritsen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:40 am

I just want to say thanks for putting this together. This takes a lot of the guess work out of it for those of us new to the hobby. Not to mention the economical pricing even though the board sounds top notch. I don't know how you are handling the reservation/ordering/paying aspect of this, but I'd like to get one of whatever you end up producing.

Thanks,

Steve
mouritsen

Postby Jacques » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:53 am

mouritsen wrote:I just want to say thanks for putting this together. This takes a lot of the guess work out of it for those of us new to the hobby. Not to mention the economical pricing even though the board sounds top notch. I don't know how you are handling the reservation/ordering/paying aspect of this, but I'd like to get one of whatever you end up producing.

Thanks,

Steve

Could not have put it better.

+1!

Thanks,

J
Jacques

Postby frob » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks guys you made my day :)
Expect an update in ~ 2 days

Cheers
frob

Postby loopingz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:20 am

I am impressed. I have been through the whole thread. It is full of good ideas and you seem to be totally under control and very fast to my opinion!

One captor that I use commonly is a pressure one (or depressure as it is for vacuum like an mpx2200), it would be nice to have something like that directly controlled by a board like this. It is more for composite than for 3D printer but I understand that this board is made to be versatile.

Anyway keep up the good work, this project rocks.
loopingz

Postby lx007 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Is the Orduino still going to be produced by frob? What about the bed heater?
lx007

Postby lx007 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 am

I was holding out to buy this board, is Frob no longer building it?
lx007

To Quote Mark Twain:

Postby frob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:32 pm

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

Sorry all for the radio silence for the last week, ive been buried trying to manage /put out some unrelated fires.
Its like drinking from a firehose these days which unfortunately interferes with the more fun & interesting projects like this one.
Sleep is fast becoming a very rare and precious commodity....
The design is moving forward and in fact i'm trying to move "Heaven & Earth" to get a working demo set up for the Fabtech show in Toronto in a couple of weeks where i will be exhibiting- if anyone is in the area you are cordially invited to drop by and check it out !
More details to follow soon (by the weekend i promise)... i still have a hellish work week to get through first.

Also, I am considering asking for a 50% deposit up front starting soon, to help offset the purchase of boards and parts- do you guys feel that's reasonable ?

Cheers
Frantz

PS
My website now under construction will be open for business in about 1 week give or take;
All the technical details will appear there, though i plan to continue a supporting it on the forums here for the foreseeable future.
http://www.sotadesign.ca
frob

Postby lx007 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 pm

That is great news, I can't wait to get this board!
lx007

PreviousNext

Return to ORD Bot