Asia Pacific printer builders

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Asia Pacific printer builders

Postby butterfingers » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 pm

According to the "Ord Bot Queue" page, in the first batch there are two Aussie Hadroners, one Malaysian Hadroner and one Quantumer from Singapore. I would be the New Zealand Hadroner. There also appears to be a few other Pacific Rim people on here, including at least one Japanese custom Ord printer builder (yoroshiku!).

I'd be very interested in knowing where you're sourcing your components, so if you're up for forming a kind of APAC user group, speak up.

For me, so far:

Greg's Hinged Accessible Extruder - prints from acronum here in New Zealand
Extruder hardware - local stores, and I'll be hobbing my own bolt
Arduino Mega - Goodluckbuy
Nema 17 stepper - Goodluckbuy
Hot end - tba
RAMPS - tba
Stepper boards - tba
Power supply - tba
PLA - I'll source from diamonage here in NZ
butterfingers

Re: Asia Pacific printer builders

Postby dwjp » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 am

I'm the first Aussie on the list. I already have a Makergear extruder, which works great on my home made bot (and they're great to deal with). I have Gen3 electronics which I built myself, however I'll probably get a RAMPS setup at the first opportunity (probably eBay or Ultimachine), as the Gen3 is very cluttered and take up too much space. Power supply is still to be determined, probably an inline 12V ~13A supply - I've founded the ATX supplies a bit awkward to deal with, unless the printer has an integral mount.
dwjp

Postby Pazu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 am

I'm the Singaporean from the list. I'm already running a reprap huxley (emaker) which I will rip out it's electronics and extruder for the Quantum.

I sourced my filaments from this China supplier, but if you are from Aussie/NZ, I would think that diamondage is your best bet.

I've never use RAMPS but it looks rather messy IMO, Sanguinololu is so much cleaner and I've I can ever get my hands on the Melzi, even better!
Pazu

Postby butterfingers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Pazu wrote:I've never use RAMPS but it looks rather messy IMO, Sanguinololu is so much cleaner and I've I can ever get my hands on the Melzi, even better!

Wow, that's certainly a clean board:

http://reprap.org/wiki/Melzi#Melzi_Ardentissimo

Right, how do we get one? :D
butterfingers

Postby Pazu » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 am

If you look closely at the picture of the board on wiki, you'll find that it says designed for reprappro. So I guess you can only get it thru them at the moment. Though I've not seen it on sale even from emakershop.com.

Best of luck!
Pazu

Return to ORD Bot