I am gathering parts for a Hadron ORD Bot build.

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

I am gathering parts for a Hadron ORD Bot build.

Postby will1384 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:26 am

I had got a Shapeoko 2 earlier this year, and wanted to try 3D printing, so I temporary converted the Shapeoko 2 over to a 3D Printer, I used Mach3 and Slic3r for software, along with a modified MBE Extruder v9, PID Digital Temperature Controller, 25a SSR DC-DC Relay, and a ATX Power Supply, works pretty good, but I decided I wanted a dedicated 3D printer, and decided on a Hadron ORD Bot.

I could not find any belt clamps, or any nut blocks for sale, so I printed some I found on thingiverse, and this forum, I also printed a pair of couplers for the threaded rod, and a X-Motor Bracket.

Here is the list of parts I have, or have on order, some stuff I had extra from my Shapeoko 2 build.

(004x)------NEMA17 Stepper Motor - KL17H248-15-4A ---------------- automationtechsinc.com
(003x)------Makerslide 330mm ------------------------------------------ automationtechsinc.com
(001x)------Makerslide 420mm ------------------------------------------ automationtechsinc.com
(001x)------Z Lift Plate Left and Right --------------------------------- automationtechsinc.com
(100x)------M3x0.5x4mm Socket Head Cap Screw -------------------- amazon.com
(100x)------M3x0.5x6mm Socket Head Cap Screw ------------------- amazon.com
(100x)------M3x0.5x45mm Socket Head Cap Screw ------------------ amazon.com
(100x)------M5X0.80 Hex Lock Nut ------------------------------------- amazon.com
(100x)------M5x0.8x6mm Button Head Cap Screw -------------------- amazon.com
(100x)------M5x0.8x8mm Button Head Cap Screw -------------------- amazon.com
(025x)------M5x0.8x12mm Button Head Cap Screw ---------------- -- ebay.com
(025x)------M5x0.8x30mm Button Head Cap Screw ------------------- ebay.com
(001x)------M8x1.25x1000mm Threaded Rod -------------------------- ebay.com * Cut in half, 245mm or 250mm sections ?
(200X)------Nuts For HFS5 Aluminum Extrusions - HNKK5-5 --------- us.misumi-ec.com
(001x)------HFS5-2040 1524mm Aluminum Extrusion ---------------- us.misumi-ec.com * Cut to 370mm ?
(016x)------OpenBuilds Dual V Wheel Kit ------------------------------ openbuildspartstore.com
(008x)------Eccentric Spacers ------------------------------------------ openbuildspartstore.com
(002x)------Smooth Idler Pulley Kit ------------------------------------ openbuildspartstore.com
(004x)------Universal L Brackets - Double ----------------------------- openbuildspartstore.com
(004x)------Universal L Brackets - Single ------------------------------ openbuildspartstore.com
(001x)------RioRand Heated set - MK2a, with glass------------------- amazon.com
(012x)------ACCO Binder Clips, Medium -------------------------------- amazon.com
(001x)------Ord Bot Hadron Build Plates ------------------------------- ebay.com
(001x)------RAMPS 1.4 kit, has Mega and drivers -------------------- ebay.com
(010x)------JST Connectors - M/F Pair - 4 Wire ---------------------- ebay.com
(008x)------Heatbed Leveling Springs --------------------------------- ebay.com
(001x)------MBE Extruder v9 - Singlet - 12v heater ------------------ quintessentialuniversalbuildingdevice.com
(010x)------Aluminum Spacers 0.1250 inch -------------------------- inventables.com
(020x)------Aluminum Spacers 0.2500 inch -------------------------- inventables.com
(010x)------Aluminum Spacers 0.5000 inch -------------------------- inventables.com
(020x)------Aluminum Spacers 1 inch -------------------------------- inventables.com
(003x)------Mechanical End Stop v1.2 -------------------------------- ebay.com
(003x)------2m of GT2 belt with 2 GT2 Pulleys --------------------- ebay.com

Is there any thing I forgot, or left out ?

I also want to print out any parts I can or upgrades, I have already printed parts for the extruder, and end stop holders, anything I need or should have ?
Last edited by will1384 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
will1384

Re: I am gathering parts for a Hadron ORD Bot build.

Postby secretgspot » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:02 am

secretgspot

Postby evil2002usna » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 am

yeah I agree, buy the full kit. I am not sure that all the plates will work between the openbuilds store and makerslide. They are two different takes on generally the same concept, but the dimension on the holes may be off or the v-wheel profile might not match up with the ones from inventables. Everything will probably end up working ok, but why take the risk? The original kit came with an acrylic piece you attached to the x-axis gantry that had the m8 nut press fitted into it. I didnt see anything in your parts list that would allow you to accomplish raising the z-axis up and down.
evil2002usna

Postby evil2002usna » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 am

BTW dont buy the MBE Extruder from QUBD unless you just want the motor and the fan. Trust me and every other review you have read on the internet. No matter what modification you do to it, it will not be reliable. Spend some money on your extruder, it is the most important part of your printer.
evil2002usna

Postby will1384 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:01 am

I already had extra parts from my Shapeoko 2 build, and I an going to make a larger Shapeoko 2 later this year, and have been getting the parts for that, the kit is $400, $200 more than I had, the only parts I did not already have were :

(004x)------NEMA17 Stepper Motor - KL17H248-15-4A ---------------- automationtechsinc.com
(003x)------Makerslide 330mm ------------------------------------------ automationtechsinc.com
(001x)------Makerslide 420mm ------------------------------------------ automationtechsinc.com
(001x)------Z Lift Plate Left and Right ---------------------------------- automationtechsinc.com
(001x)------M8x1.25x1000mm Threaded Rod -------------------------- ebay.com
(001x)------Ord Bot Hadron Build Plates ------------------------------- ebay.com
(003x)------Mechanical End Stop v1.2 -------------------------------- ebay.com
(010x)------JST Connectors - M/F Pair - 4 Wire ---------------------- ebay.com
(008x)------Heatbed Leveling Springs --------------------------------- ebay.com
(001x)------RAMPS 1.4 kit, has Mega and drivers -------------------- ebay.com
Last edited by will1384 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
will1384

Postby will1384 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:09 am

evil2002usna wrote:BTW dont buy the MBE Extruder from QUBD unless you just want the motor and the fan. Trust me and every other review you have read on the internet. No matter what modification you do to it, it will not be reliable. Spend some money on your extruder, it is the most important part of your printer.

I have it running very well, but I replaced the Drive Gear, did the lined Barrel mod and replaced the filament idler with a printed one.
will1384

Postby will1384 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:38 am

evil2002usna wrote:yeah I agree, buy the full kit. I am not sure that all the plates will work between the openbuilds store and makerslide. They are two different takes on generally the same concept, but the dimension on the holes may be off or the v-wheel profile might not match up with the ones from inventables. Everything will probably end up working ok, but why take the risk? The original kit came with an acrylic piece you attached to the x-axis gantry that had the m8 nut press fitted into it. I didnt see anything in your parts list that would allow you to accomplish raising the z-axis up and down.

I already had the OpenBuilds Dual V Wheels, so I decided to try to use them, from what I have seen of them both Openbuilds Makerslide use the same 5×16×5 bearings shim washers, the Openbuilds V Wheels are 10.23mm thick and the Makerslide V Wheels are 7.5mm thick, Openbuilds V Wheels are 24.39 tall, and Makerslide V Wheels are 23.5mm tall, both share the same 90 Degree "V", the Idler Pulleys I am going to try to use are also from Openbuilds, my thought is the only adjustment will be the placement of the GT2 Pulleys on the stepper motor shaft.

Yep I also have that order, forgot to put it on my list.

(001x)------Z Lift Plate Left and Right ---------------------------------- automationtechsinc.com
will1384

Postby will1384 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:24 am

From what I can tell the OpenBuilds Dual V Wheels are the same thickness as the Makerslide V Wheels when the bearings are installed.

I have the mechanical parts assembled, with the GT2 belts and 8mm threaded rod, it looks good, I have a slight belt rubbing problem on the X-Axis, but I think I can adjust it out, the belt only slightly rubs on the screw holding the Idler Pulley plate to the makerslide, I decided to use the washers that came with the OpenBuilds Smooth Idler Pulley Kits in place of the 0.125 spacers, seem to line up with the belt better that way, I also used 20mm screws in place of 30mm screws on the Idler Pulley, but I think 25mm would give the locknut more to grip.

I guess up next is posting a build Log 8-)
will1384

Return to ORD Bot