Arduino Questions...

Electronics related to CNC

Re: Arduino Questions...

Postby bdring » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:27 am

We are all kind of crazy. I have come to realize I don't use my machines to make stuff. I just want to make more machines. Sure, sometimes my machines make some cool stuff, but I think I enjoy the "making" more than the stuff. Is it an endless waste of time? You can't say someone is wasting their time while doing what they love.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby SystemsGuy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 am

Too true - I spent 3 hours on the lathe last weekend playing with a new hot-end design - loads of fun, and a hell of a lot more relaxing than the day job. Now, if I could just get my hands on a 2.x Laser kit, I'd be in hog heaven making another machine to make more bits for another machine's machine. 8-)

bdring wrote:We are all kind of crazy. I have come to realize I don't use my machines to make stuff. I just want to make more machines. Sure, sometimes my machines make some cool stuff, but I think I enjoy the "making" more than the stuff. Is it an endless waste of time? You can't say someone is wasting their time while doing what they love.
SystemsGuy

Postby iamwill » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 am

So... I think the responses got a little off topic there =) But I did come to the conclusion that I will just switch to Mach3. It seems to be exactly what I am looking for when it comes to setup with ease. Thanks everyone, I also decided to go with the Azteeg G1-328P. Seems to be powerful enough to run what I need it to, compatible with Mach3 and not completely insane in price. I know it only outputs 2.5 amps per stepper motor, so I will have to make sure that the buildlog suggested stepper motors will work with this board. (I did see that it's 12-30v input high efficiency 5V switching Power supply @ 500ma max, so i think i am fine)

Thanks again guys for the help.
iamwill

Previous

Return to Electronics