Wiring a AWC708c lite

Electronics related to CNC

Wiring a AWC708c lite

Postby bush flyer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 am

I have got to the stage of wiring my laser using a AWC708c. The wiring diagram that I got with the controller is quite poor and was wondering if there was a better one that I could follow. I found one on the Internet for the AWC608 which is the one mostly in blue that is better but I having trouble working out the Air manual override L4. I have some knowledge about wiring as I built a CNC router with a Spindle and VFD inverter, but I'm also the kind of person that checks things 3 or 4 times before I'm satisfied that it's right before switching on. Many thanks in advance Mike.
Attachments
Controller Connection Diagram.jpg
Wiring diagram form Sinjoe
80W%20Laser%20Schematic%20V5.png
This one is better to follow.
bush flyer

Re: Wiring a AWC708c lite

Postby sshwarts » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:02 pm

You really don't want the controller turning on and off the compressor if you can avoid it. What's preferred is to have it open and close a solenoid valve. Out1 goes high when the XY starts to move. In this particular wiring example, they just added a switch so you can have the compressor not run if the switch is open.

Scott
sshwarts

Postby bush flyer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:21 am

Thanks for the reply sshwarts, I now under stand about the switch but can you please explain about Out1. Is it that when the machine is at idle Out1 has a voltage of 24 volts, so no current can run through the relay as the voltage is the same as pin dc24v, but when the machine is working out 1 has a low voltage so the current can pass from DC24 Volt through a relay then to Out1. Or is it that Out1 has a high resistance when at idle and low resistance when working, I'm sorry for being a pest but I would like to under stand. Difficult to explain please have a look at the drawing below. Or am I totally wrong?

Mike..
Attachments
Air pump.jpg
bush flyer

Postby sshwarts » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Out1 one goes low (goes to ground) so that current can flow through the relay. I don't know if you are using SSR (solid state relays) or not, but you should not use a regular relay with a coil here. The inductive kickback could fry the output of the AWC -- assuming they don't have protection diodes on the outputs.

I would guess (and it's only a guess) that they have a pull up resistor to 24V on the output and a transistor who's switching ground. There's no specs I'm aware of on the current output so be careful.

Scott
sshwarts

Postby bush flyer » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:26 am

Thanks for clearing that up, I always want to understand everything before doing it especially electrics. This is the relay I have bought from ebay Solid State Relay 3-32VDC 25A/250V Output 24V-380V SSR-25DA Temperature Control. That is for the air pump and I also will have a switch to turn the pump off. So this should be alright.
Attachments
SSR.jpg
bush flyer

Return to Electronics