Pressure sensor for focus pads

Electronics related to CNC

Pressure sensor for focus pads

Postby Rayancaleb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:48 am

Hi,

I am starting a project that will display the force that someone has hit a focus pad. This will be used for boxing practice.
The idea being yiu hit a focus pad and then a displsy registers how hard you have hit the pad.
I am a little stuck on the method to detect the strike. I was comtemplating using a force sense resistor but this does not cover the whole focus pad area. I was also thinking of using a accelerometer on the glove side to measure the speed.
Initially it will be a wired system, which then i want to make wirelesd.
Does anyone have ideas on how to detect the force on the pads?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.electronicspoint.com/thread ... ds.287578/
Promotional video production agency

Thanks
Rayancaleb

Re: Pressure sensor for focus pads

Postby JenniferT » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 am

You can do through your smartphone in two ways:

1)Attach your phone to a punching bag. Activate the app to record accelerations and punch the opposite side. I would suggest placing it near the top of the punching bag, and securing it with some tape or sewing a pocket to hold your phone. Ideally, you want the phone to be as close to your punch as possible without endangering it.
2)Hold your phone in your fist, and punch with it while the app is active. This runs into problems, because you're grasping your phone which likely relies on a touchscreen, and I don't recommend punching anything with your phone in hand.
JenniferT

Return to Electronics