Economy Steel V-Rails For Extrusions - Bolt On Linear Motion

CNC/Laser Related Items Only Please

Economy Steel V-Rails For Extrusions - Bolt On Linear Motion

Postby jpventuri » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 am

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to do another mill run order of econo-v-rails for use with regular 80/20 extrusion or other t-slot systems, or for applications mounted to wood or other. They are steel, powdercoated and zinc-plated for corrosion resistance. They come in lengths of 1800mm, but I will cut them in half for shipping purposes. Minimum purchase is one length of 1800mm. They are compatible with all v-grooved roller bearing systems that exist. These rails are conceived for larger machines or more intensive applications where a delrin wheel doesn't make the cut. I implement these in all forms of industrial equipment that is currently installed and running. They are great and easy to use and when coupled with steel wheels will last for a long time. Similar to the "Platform CNC".

I built a batch of these last month for another project I was working on and had enough interest from some colleagues that I figured it was worth it to get them online. Interested? Check it out and get your name down on the list by buying the lengths you need so I can get to the mill. I plan to place my order by the end of next week, or July 4th.

They come fully finished, powder coated, zinc plated, and pre-drilled for easy mounting.
Last edited by jpventuri on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpventuri

Re: Economy Steel V-Rails For Extrusions - Bolt On Linear Mo

Postby cvoinescu » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Do the zinc plating and powder coating also cover the running surfaces? If so, don't they get stripped in short order by the wheels?
cvoinescu

Postby jpventuri » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Great question;

The zinc-plating is continuous over the entire piece, the powder coating is masked off at the running surface. You are correct that if they were powder coated on the running surface it would wear down and look not so great. Originally the rails were just zinc plated for corrosion, but some of my clients wanted a more clean look so we added a powder coat.

The thickness on the zinc plating is on the order of <= 12 microns (<= 0.0005") and it has excellent wear resistance. I haven't seen serious indications of degradation on the wear surface of the rails yet, and I estimate that the dimensional variation due to the wearing down of the zinc plated surface is negligible.
jpventuri

Postby cvoinescu » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Right. Makes sense, then.
cvoinescu

Return to For Sale and Wanted