Chank's Tank!

Post your build logs here

Re: Chank's Tank!

Postby cpdude » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:51 pm

I think this is what you're looking for: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=418&p=2536&hilit=connect+laser+tube#p2710

Brian
cpdude

Postby Chankster » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:36 am

Received all the parts from Bart today! Man, he does a good job packing these :shock: . I'll post some pictures later.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby Chankster » Wed May 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Finally posting an update after getting busy, getting sick, and having family visit. I've received parts from Bart and he does a great job of packaging everything together. I've gotten the frame together, v rails glued, z lifts, and assembled the carriages. I had some screws go missing (cats probably stole them) and had to go on a search to find replacements for them. Turns out Ace Hardware has a pretty good screw selection. I also know that once I finish the project I'll find the missing screws tucked somewhere under a couch.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?
Chankster

Postby Chankster » Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Received the PCB from bdring today!

photo(3).JPG
Chankster

Postby Chankster » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Unfortunately haven't had time to make much progress. I've tried contacting Missouri Power Transmission and Motion Industries for a quote on the cable carriers but haven't heard from either yet.
Chankster

Postby BenJackson » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

I got mine from Applied Industrial Technologies (applied.com) which is local to me, but the purchase was a drop-ship from Wisconsin anyway.
BenJackson

Postby Chankster » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Comment From Buildlog Author Thanks. I'll drop them a note too and see who gets back to me first.
Chankster

Postby Chankster » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Figure its time for another update. Got the cable carriers in from Missouri Power Trans and got the tubing/wires run through. Then I packed everything up and moved it to its more permanent home at our local hackerspace. Last night, I was able to get everything wired and up ready testing with Mach3. Now comes the fun part, when I toggle the Reset button in Mach3 I can hear/feel the motors lock/unlock but I am unable to get anything to actually move. I have verified my config in Mach3 and I am going to beep out the parallel port cable and make sure nothing funky is going on there.
Chankster

Postby Chankster » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:47 am

The plot thickens. Cable beeps out just fine. However today the Z axis seems to be moving just fine but none of the others move. They lock/unlock when you toggle the reset button but no movement other than that. The drivers seem to be fine. Each driver works when swapping it into the Z axis position. The motors also move when swapping their plugs to the Z axis position. Anyone have any ideas?

6012712289_fdc1eef965_b.jpg
Chankster

Postby TLHarrell » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:34 am

What voltage is coming out on your parallel cable?

And is there anything to cause EMI interference?
40w Full Spectrum Engineering 5th Gen Hobby 20"x12" w/ Rotary Engraver
South San Francisco Bay Area - Sales and Support Representative for Full Spectrum Engineering
408-47-LASER - Skype: whitelightlaser-thomas - Facebook: White Light Laser
TLHarrell

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs